Does DAN offer insurance by trip or by year? Pricing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CycleCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I want to compare costs on dive accident insurance for our first big dive trip to Curacao in June. I got a cost for Dive Assure on their website but DAN won't let me get pricing without joining first. I'd like to see costs for either option before committing. Am I missing something on their website? Is DAN insurance only for the whole year or can I get it just for the trip? We do a dozen local dives each year and usually one road trip that includes diving.

Dive Assure will not cover you in the US. You do want to be a DAN member and get their dive accident (not travel) insurance or you are taking a big risk.
Yes, DAN has both single trip and Annual travel insurance. Is is NOT primarily dive accident insurance.

Note that if you get the DAN dive accident insurance, Guardian Policy, Enhanced, you DO get some travel coverage, and may not need separate travel insurance.

CycleCat, here is the link to DAN FAQ's page. Membership FAQs. In there it has the answer to how much it cost. It says $40.00 a year but it is unclear what it covers. There is also a number you can call or email address you can contact them with to ask questions.

Edit to Add - So I called... the $40 dollars just gets you a membership. Accident Insurance is extra. There were 3 tiers. First one cost roughly $33.00, Second one cost around$55 and the Third one cost $111.00... Those are all for the year. They do not do a per trip deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom