Datamask link Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfwjr2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Doug,

I recently purchased a Datamask and took it Lake Rawlings for the first time this weekend. I also bought my fiance a Vt3 with seperate transmitter. Within minutes of entering the water and descending I lost signal. and soo went my day continuing to try and fix the problem I figured out when I way in a streamline swimming position the signal was fine but when I was upright It was lost. ( my fiance had no problems with hers and really enjoyed having all the info in one spot)

I think the issue is the height of the mask on my head sits about a 6 to 10 inches higher than the transmitter(im 6'5") can I take my first stage (FDX10) and flip it upside down so that when sitting on the tank the high pressure porst are on top and low pressure are on the bottom? Im not even sure if there are two low pressure ports on the other side to accomadate the regulator and octo!!

Any help would be appriciated. I called and spoke to Tech guys (Ron) this morn and he said to try and switching sides(high pressure ports)

Thank you for your time
Gary

I have a datamask as well, but moving the mask a few inches farther from the transmitter isn't going to put you out of range. I routinely hook mine into my BCD cumberbund when I'm working with students on the surface. It doesn't lose signal when I do so, and that's much farther away.

Have you tried setting your GF's VT3 to your transmitter id and see if her PDC properly reads the data? If so, how far away does it still receive the signal before losing the link? BTW, the system has to be pressurized to get the transmitter to transmit data.

My guess is that this is a transmitter issue.

And yes, there are two LP ports on each side. Flipping your first stage is doable.

I tried flipping it last night so that the transmitter was on top. and I had signal standing up wwhich I was losing when I was standing in the water entering the lake. Im hoping this fixes it but the. bummer is that I have to wait a month to see were not going to the lake till DiveFest Aug 28. Thank you for your input. Shes having enough problems trying to figure out her computer dont wanna mess her up with trying to check my gauges also :)

Thanks for the help

Gary

Glad to hear it works!

And there's no need to wait a month. You've got a bathtub, don't you? :D

Back
Top Bottom