DataTrack and MemoMouse.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlackPatch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

First of all I hope this is in the right place.

I have just bought a rather nice condition Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox with 98% Battery life.

Unfortunately, I do not have the DataTrack software or the Memomouse to download Dive Data or alter the PPO2 settings from 1.6 to 1.4.
Does anyone have these? Would you be willing to part company with them?
I will pay real Cash Money.

The reason I want the Software at is I have just got Nitrox Certified. I plan to use this computer to dive Nitrox and I want to lower the PPO2 from 1.6 to 1.4 Maximal Value on the wrist mount computer. I have the manual and it says I can only do this via the DataTrack software.

As an alternative, would you (if you have both the Software and the MemoMouse) be prepared to adjust the PPO2 value on the wrist mount for me for a Fee?

Please let me know.

Regards Pete.

To adjust the settings you will need to use the Datatalk program which I believe is included in the DataTrak download available for free on the scubapro website (Datatalk & DataTrak are different)

My uwatecs pre date the memo mouse and so I simply have an interface cable. I did notice both cable and memo mouse on eBay a month or so ago. Try a world wide search and they may still be available.

To adjust the settings you will need to use the Datatalk program which I believe is included in the DataTrak download available for free on the scubapro website (Datatalk & DataTrak are different)

My uwatecs pre date the memo mouse and so I simply have an interface cable. I did notice both cable and memo mouse on eBay a month or so ago. Try a world wide search and they may still be available.

GiffenK

Thanks for the Advice. I will do just that.

Regards Pete.

I may have steered you wrong on the DataTrak concept. I think you can ignore that tidbit. As indicated I have ancient uwatecs that originally used the DOS version of DataTrak/DataTalk and a fancy cable. No memo mouse. The DOS version has 2 separate programs. DataTalk is used to alter the settings on the computer. DataTrak is used to download dive profiles. The DOS version of the software is no longer available on the scubapro website.

I believe you have a newer dive computer that needs newer software (all that fancy Nitrox stuff!). So ignore my DataTalk comment. The version on the scubapro website is a windows version that wants to talk to a memo mouse. So all is good for you. The new software will not talk directly to my old dive computers via the cable. It gives a "memo mouse not found" error.

old world == DOS & datatrak/datatalk & cable
new world = Windows & DataTrak & memo mouse.

This all got fuzzy since I have used Paladin software on a Palm Pilot to download my computers for years (lap top is way too heavy to drag around). I do love to show off my fancy pocket sized full keyboard & touch screen device, until people realize it is a Palm Pilot from 2003. It is very handy as we do casually examine our dive profile graphs to look for bad behaviour like seesaw depths or fast ascents.

But your post was a good nudge for me as i recently bought several "backup" aladins from ebay and I have to figure out how to configure them properly. 1 unit is in metric (ugh!) the other is dead battery. This could be a challenge as I no longer have a computer that will run DOS programs or has an RS232 serial port.

Help Please I am trying to download dives from an Aladin pro NITROX I BOUGHT. It's fine with my old one None nitrox. but that has no oil now. So I bought this Nitrox Aladin pro and the memo mouse. As before I have always had problems transferring dives. Eventually, it works. But on this one the green light flashes, I go into log book, it goes red and then the green light lights up for 4 sec But no transfer to the PC . Im wondering, could it be that I am using a virtual machine? EP on my mac. But it did work fine on my old Aladin. Communication error between memo mouse And dive computer ! Well surely then it can't be the software, So Why am i getting this issue?

I may have steered you wrong on the DataTrak concept. I think you can ignore that tidbit. As indicated I have ancient uwatecs that originally used the DOS version of DataTrak/DataTalk and a fancy cable. No memo mouse. The DOS version has 2 separate programs. DataTalk is used to alter the settings on the computer. DataTrak is used to download dive profiles. The DOS version of the software is no longer available on the scubapro website.

I believe you have a newer dive computer that needs newer software (all that fancy Nitrox stuff!). So ignore my DataTalk comment. The version on the scubapro website is a windows version that wants to talk to a memo mouse. So all is good for you. The new software will not talk directly to my old dive computers via the cable. It gives a "memo mouse not found" error.

old world == DOS & datatrak/datatalk & cable
new world = Windows & DataTrak & memo mouse.

This all got fuzzy since I have used Paladin software on a Palm Pilot to download my computers for years (lap top is way too heavy to drag around). I do love to show off my fancy pocket sized full keyboard & touch screen device, until people realize it is a Palm Pilot from 2003. It is very handy as we do casually examine our dive profile graphs to look for bad behaviour like seesaw depths or fast ascents.

But your post was a good nudge for me as i recently bought several "backup" aladins from ebay and I have to figure out how to configure them properly. 1 unit is in metric (ugh!) the other is dead battery. This could be a challenge as I no longer have a computer that will run DOS programs or has an RS232 serial port.
Hi Kieth can you help me out as I too have an Aladin nitrox . what is the latest windows i can use the memo mouse on ? I am using data track on a 2011 MBP but using windows XP on parallels virtual machine. But I keep getting a transfer werror. I gather the logs are loading onto the mouse as the light goes green.

Hi Kieth can you help me out as I too have an Aladin nitrox . what is the latest windows i can use the memo mouse on ? I am using data track on a 2011 MBP but using windows XP on parallels virtual machine. But I keep getting a transfer werror. I gather the logs are loading onto the mouse as the light goes green.
You may want to consider trying subsurface instead of DataTrak?

Subsurface supports a number of uwatec models in addition to a memomouse connection. Since subsurface is current software you may find it just works?

I use subsurface to download my Aladins.

tried it not compatible with High Sierra OSX
Subsurface has an active developer community (of about 3 people?). Check with them. They are generally quick to respond and often quite insolent, direct and honest. They do this for free and want to make sure that you know that.

I run subsurface on windows. The android version of subsurface will not download my Aladins as the software knows that Aladins did not support Bluetooth and so take extra steps to prevent an Aladin connection via Bluetooth. I use an Arduino based Bluetooth blob thingy to convert the hardwired serial interface into a Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth connections on Windows are presented as serial COM ports, so Windows Subsurface is happy with (unaware of) my kludge.

Back
Top Bottom