• Yes!

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • No!

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may be something everyone already has but I am attaching a link that has some very good pics of the Oriskany. Also it has some good info on where and how deep it suppose to be. The link is from a dive shop in pensacola that will be running dives to the site and from what I have heard they are a pretty reputable dive shop. I am not trying to advertise for the dive shop I just simply thought they had some nice pics. I myself would love to dive this site but realize I need to log quite a bit more dives before taking on that task. Enjoy the link and hopefully I will see guys on the bottom.

http://www.pensacoladivecompany.com/oriskany_pic_page.html

yuronlyone:
It's not going to be 22 miles off-shore; it's going to be 22 miles from Destin or Pensacola; half way between.

It's not going to be inshore and exactly "half way in between" Destin and Pensacola.

It's gonna be 22 mile boats from the pass at Pensacola and 32 miles from East Pass at Destin. Either way, you're riding in a boat 22 + miles to get it it. It'll be a 'triangle route' from both passes and the site.

see attached pic/map.

The twenty two miles is a pretty long run out especially in smaller center console boats--but--it can be done, just have to watch the weather close and hopefully travel in pairs.

Yes, I know it is for the fisherman but if it accidently sunk in not quite so deep water it would be OK by me. N

I can't wait, I hope they really mean that it can be dove in a few days, and I hope they really sink it on the current schedule, that way I can dive it when I am on vacation with my family in Destin. How many shops will be running boats? Does anyone have any personal reccomendations on shops they have dove with in the past?

I'm chomping at the bit for this dive!! I hope to have tech dive cert. by then, but even if I don't I would love to just dive to the deck! This is well within my "weekend dive" area! SOOO EXCITED!

According to MBT (THE shop in P'Cola) she left Texas this morning...they and others are gearing up for it...larger boats etc....
Yarg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom