Day Trips from Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey littleguppie! It's great that you are coming all the way from Chicago to dive with us here in Thailand!

I see no reason for you to spend all your time on Phuket if your dream is to dive Richelieu Rock. The prices you have been quoted are about right. Speedboat charters to the Similans/Surins are more expensive than the normal daytrips on our big boats out of Phuket since they can take fewer divers and they are expensive to run, so the per-diver cost goes up.

However, if you want to make your money stretch, you might do just one speedboat trip out there (Richelieu) and do one or two more daytrips out of Phuket at somewhat lower rates--you can find trips with 3 dives that lower the per-dive rate further.

Littleguppie, we are planning a trip in February and are looking at an overnight trip to the Similans with Similan Diving Safaris out of Khao Lak. It looks like a good value and a fun trip.

If anyone has used this operator please pass along your experiences.

penbay...thanks, I just emailed Similan Diving Safaris! They dive the Similans everyday so they are a great option. I'd like to get some feedback on the dive op though...anyone every used them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom