DC1000 frustration...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was referring to the quality of the Canon HF20/200 NOT of the DC1000. The Canon shoots in AVCHD while ALL Sealife cameras shoot in standard definition.

I was dismayed at the inability of Sealife to keep up with technology.

Now there is a new SD standard which will go into hundreds of gigabytes. Some say a terabyte on this standard is possible.

Sorry, gotcha now, I misunderstood.

I also had the sticky button problem after a few dives. I also found that when I use the wide angle lens my pictures have a ring shaped reflection from the words around the lens. I called Sea Life about these two problems and they told me to send the camera in and they would replace it. They were aware of these problems.

Sticky shutter button here as well. Got a replacement housing from SeaLife without any problem.

water based silicone spray on the outside of the housing buttons will help them to not stick

Folks,

Don't bother with the lubricant. My DC1000 had exactly the same problem. The Aus distributor informed me that the problem was infact a manufacturing fault with blunt drill bits that bore the shutter button hole. Seems that it left very fine groves in the hole which eventually cause the button to stick. This it seems was promanent with the newer DC1000 housings.

The distributor replaced my housing without question. Ist rate service. :D

Cheers

Rainsey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom