DC800 Locked Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.

That is an answer I wanted to hear.

I will contact your service department for an RMA.

By card, do you mean the removable memory card I installed in the camera?

SeaLife returned my strobe this last Mon, actually replaced it with a new one because they could not get mine to fail in shop, while it was back for the second time.

Won't know til I get the camera back under the water this weekend if this solves my issues. The tech I spoke with at SaeLife is afraid there may be more issues, but they have been working with me, and offer to continue doing so if the problems persist

I can not fault SeaLife's handling of my problem so far, but wish I didn't have to go threw all this.

Hi,
I had the same problem last sunday, my DC800 in video mode, i got a red screen and then black, but small green light still onand lens still open.
I press the On/off button and the big one ( picture) at the same time to reset the camara, is it OK ?
Hope it does not happen too many times, i don' t live in the right place to get my camara fixed.
Regards

I sent my camera to SeaLife through my LDS where I bought it.

I have heard nothing from them since. The LDS has sent 2 emails and made 1 phone call while I was there listening in.

Still waiting................. theme from Jeopardy playing in the background.

I Sent my DC500 back to Sealife myself and they took care of me pretty quickly. I am happy to report that they did resolve my strobe problem, and that I was able to use the strobe on my dives, finally.
Taking the DC500 to Bonaire again in a few days, and it will be a relief to be able to take shots with the strobe for once!
You may wish to contact Sealife directly, yourself, rather than trying to go threw your lds. Just an idea. It worked for me.

Had mine lock up once. Held the pwr botton down for 10 sec or so. Fixed the problem. Talking with other divers post dive (some who use other brands of cameras) they sugested that I download all pix from my card and then reformat the card from time to time. I now do that once a day when on a dive trip. Never had a re-occurance

I know this is an older thread that has been resurrected. But here is a link to the Sealife site with some technical tips.

Sevice Center

It also discussed the memory card compatibility.

You may also want to check to make sure you have the most currect firmware for the camera.

http://www.sealife-cameras.com/assets/pdf/firmware/DC800/DC800_Firmware_Updating_Procedure.pdf

Even though I have not had mine lock up, I have had strobe issues that Sealife corrected in a very timely fashion...once I contacted the right people.

Grover48...was your situation resolved? Just curious.

Once again, my DC800 locked-up ( last time was in July). The battery was fully charged, the memory card ( Kingston 4GB) empty.
I rebooted the camera, OK then, but any idea why i have this problem ?
Thanks

INKA,

Are you reformatting the card when you finish downloading the images from it? This might help. Not being a technical genius one thing is that these cards have small chips and programming so it is possible that it is a communication breakdown between the camera and card. Much like your computer sometimes will not run a program you have had fro years, unless you restart.

Just a technical advance glitch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom