DCI or previous injury?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
After reading many DCI accident reports and possible DCI incidents, I have decided to
document any aches, pains and sickness that I have prior to diving. As I read the reports and incidents, the victims report all kinds of aches and I wonder if they could have had them before the incident.

I play hockey, somewhat accident prone, and sometimes have some aches (pulled muscle, bruises, strain etc.) and rarely pay much attention to them.

We are going down south soon and if something does happen and I got a mild hit, (or suspect it), or worsen a strain, I probably wouldn’t correctly recall if the problem was there before. Mostly likely nothing will happen, but if it does, I’d rather be proactive than guess.

I will document:

aches, strains, sprains, recent sickness, vision, hearing, bruises.

attributes:

general or localized, location, severity, one or both sides, re-occurring, range of motion.

I don’t want a long “history” but enough to be helpful. I’ll print it out on a 4”x6” card and carry it in a waterproof baggie, with my C-cards (on board.)

I played Lacrosse and just about every time I get out of the water or do some "Heavy" diving I get a few anoying aches and pains. I know there not deco related but it always makes me wonder. Documenting stuff like that should relive some of the post dive stress that could be encountered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom