December: Philippines or Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMODO! If for no other reason go on the land excursion and see those dragons up close.
Also check out "Yellow Wall" near Rinca. I love southern Leyte but Komodo was definitely higher voltage.

KOMODO! If for no other reason go on the land excursion and see those dragons up close.
Also check out "Yellow Wall" near Rinca. I love southern Leyte but Komodo was definitely higher voltage.

Komodo...It is. T

Thank you

the hundreds of filipino people who would have benefited from mjgoodman's tourism dollars thank you profusely mr. blues!!!! :shakehead:

my 2 cents is that all the posts here and our efforts to answer them have been a total waste if all the OP needed was some fool to say "it's higher voltage" to make a decision...

punta ka ng station ng meralco! high voltage yun! bwiset

Jag

Komodo...It is. T

Thank you

i thought you were concerned about the currents?

lemme try:

PHILIPPINES! you get to dive with the whalesharks, perhaps a chance to see thresher sharks. in bohol, you'll see schools of barracudas, jacks, fusiliers and more. in anilao, there's your frogfishies, coral fishes, shrimps and 300++ species more. you should've taken the time to see boljakool's link...

Don't take the poster from NM too seriously, his regular dive spot is a place called the Blue Hole, it's a spring fed tube w/ a few gold fish the locals threw in so you could see something swim. Night dives consist of watching the crayfish hanging out around the bottom :) Anything is going to be electric after that. Can't wait till my next PP trip, so I can support the local tourist dive industry 11 days and counting down!

the hundreds of filipino people who would have benefited from mjgoodman's tourism dollars thank you profusely mr. blues!!!! :shakehead:

my 2 cents is that all the posts here and our efforts to answer them have been a total waste if all the OP needed was some fool to say "it's higher voltage" to make a decision...

Jag

while reading this i literally pictured how you'd say this verbally.. and it was so precise!!

too funny!! hahaha..

Jag
lol, Mr. Blues just gave his opinion. Goodman put up a thread with the same question in the indonesia forum and they did a good job convincing him and answering questions.

To be honest, I think it's more of a logistics thing since he's going to Raja Ampat after. Staying and diving within Indonesia makes sense then.

lol, Mr. Blues just gave his opinion. Goodman put up a thread with the same question in the indonesia forum and they did a good job convincing him and answering questions.

To be honest, I think it's more of a logistics thing since he's going to Raja Ampat after. Staying and diving within Indonesia makes sense then.
in my best valley girl, dumb blonde, airhead cheerleader impersonation:

what-everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

steve.jpg

:rofl3:

Jag <--- still trying to find a good image to go with the post...

ninja: found one...

IT WAS RIGGED!!! Where is the transparency!?!?! LOL

Hi Everyone,

First, thank you for all the help. My decision to stay in Indonesia was a combination of a number of factors. It had nothing to do with "voltage." A combination of speaking with Komodo dive shops, other divers and logistics convinced me that Komodo was the better option. Further, I have been living and working in Indonesia for a number of months and wanted to see more of the country than just downtown Jakarta.
Second, Philippines will be the next destination. Those that enthusiastically recommended Philippines do not need to worry that their time and effort was for nothing. This trip to Komodo will be on a tight budget. My future trip to the Philippines will not. Shugar, trust me, I will be contributing thousands of dollars to the Philippine SCUBA industry in the years to come.

I look forward to contributing to scubaboard and hopefully diving with many of you in the future.

MG

Back
Top Bottom