Decent Dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndilport

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just a quick question, I am looking for a decent dive watch that's not really expensive. Any suggestions? I was thinking about an Invicta Corduba, but haven't heard much about it, so I thought i would ask here.

What is your price range ? what kind of function are you looking for ? Got a BN citizen for around $300 shipped and love it. Dove twice with it and it works great.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...3-want-get-dive-watch-citizen-jv0010-08e.html

You can do searches on this site and will find a lot of good info on dive watches. There are a huge range of watches with all kinds of fuction to and prices. I am sold on the Citizen Eco-Drive line as you will not have to change a battery. From what I understand dive watch battery changes can be quite costly.

For my money for a diving watch either a 200 meter g shock or any seiko dive watch with a rating of 150 meters or greater. I have used both types for more than 25 years. My seiko automatic purchased at Sears in 1982 is still going strong, despite being pounded. These are my personal preferences. I also have citizens, doxa, invicta, etc. these are good watches that will do as well. Find a watch whose style you like and that is a good watch and you will not be disappointed. But, I do not use metal band watches for diving. For me a dive watch needs a rotating bezel (except for the g shock) and a rubber strap. Otherwise it is a dress watch that can be used for diving.

I like my Rip Curl OceanTide watch. Works great with multiple time zones and multiple tide charts.

At the under $200 price point, St Moritz watches are serious bang for the buck.
I have 6 of them.
I dig sapphire crystals.
Seiko, Citizen, Reactor, Timex, Casio, and other brands meet this need also.
If you got the bucks, go Omega, Doxa, Tag-Heur, Breitling, and there are many others.
Chug

You can get a new (discontinued) Timex Helio DM on ebay for around $50 which includes depth info.

i just got a Citizen Aqualand (the original). I used it for a few days in Fiji and I really enjoyed it. It is fun diving completely analog. However I don't think the band will expand enough to work out on my Drysuit.

I was mainly looking for a watch that could double as a backup depth gauge while I'm on vacation and it serves the purpose well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom