Deciding on Zeagle Ranger LTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With 7mm, go with a Ranger.

Unfortunately, since I'm the guy who usually takes the pictures, I have almost none of me and none that show off the BC.

I guess I get to be the odd ball as usual. I dive a 7mm and the Brigade is enough. I only carry 22lbs and am working on getting that down. Even with a dry suit I should be ok. Diving salt water with a dry suit...it would be close. I think the last time that I full inflated the BC was when I was helping out a noob with her weight belt.

Something else to factor in is the tank. If you are diving a AL80 with it being +bouyant at the end that helps but if you dive steel then you should keep that in mind.

Another good thing with the Zeagle line is that in the future if you DO decide to go BP then you can take the wing off the Ranger/Brigade and put it on the Zeagle plate. Of course keeping in mind the lift.

hi guys,
Darkstar, remember that if the water is close to 10 celsius, for sure i will use 7mm full suit + 5mm shortie over. That is 12mm of neoprene around my torso and upper legs. That is why i'm not sure about which BC to buy. Also, as my bouyant control is very primitive, i have to add weight to keep me down...
yep, i have a big puzzle to play with!

wallerwaker:
hi guys,
Darkstar, remember that if the water is close to 10 celsius, for sure i will use 7mm full suit + 5mm shortie over. That is 12mm of neoprene around my torso and upper legs. That is why i'm not sure about which BC to buy. Also, as my bouyant control is very primitive, i have to add weight to keep me down...
yep, i have a big puzzle to play with!

If you are diving both suits, Ranger. I wouldn't bother with the LTD.

When I dive wet and use my 5,5mm full wetsuit(semidry) + 7mm hooded vest + thick booties and gloves I use about 4kgs/8lbs ...I´m about 184cm and weigh in at about 80kgs...If you´re just going to dive wet for the forseeable future I would think 20lbs worth of lift would be more than enough for you as long as you stay in "single tank mode"...The regular ranger should be more than enough...if I remember right there is a substantial difference in price between the ranger and the ltd...I don´t see that you get anything you need for the extra money it will cost you...

A Ranger WILL lift you. A Brigade may not.

I have used my Ranger with a 7mm Farmer John wetsuit (14mm of rubber on torso), 30 lbs of lead, an AL80 stage, camera and Pelican Light (easily 6lbs). No problems with lift at 100 - 110 feet.

There is a reason why there are so many Rangers out there.

On Scubatoys, the LTD is +$100. IMO, the only real advantage is the rear weight pockets, which can be added to any Ranger and I think costs $50.

hi guys!!
thank you very much for all your responses, they have been really helpfull.
I have contacted the local authorized dealer for Zeagle by e-mail and he has been really kind and helpful with my enquires.

BUT... i had decided that i will go the Apeks way for regulators, but after reading a lot about Zeagle's regs and knowing that there is a helpful and polite dealer of the brand in my country, i'm seriously thinking about them now.
He offered me the ZX/DS V, which looks pretty well and at a good price (at least for our standards. We use to pay easily 100% over US prices)

People that have tried them, Is there any substancial difference in performance (in real life) between it and the more expensive series like 50D or flathead VI?? I read about the differences in size, numbers of ports, swivel and not swivel turret, etc but i couldn't find anywhere in the net, reviews or comparisons about the DS V.

To Scott, how is Zeagle's service network in Europe?

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom