Deco (or Stage) bottle rigging.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Jeeze Rick, you really went to town!!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of the height of the Giant Stride entry..........:D

is there a height restriction on the giant stride entry.

Rick Murchison once bubbled...

Let me put on my DIR hat and try ...
(1) Bungeed wings of death
(2) Boots still on tanks
(3) AL back gas and steel stages
(4) Ankle weights (or are those those sissy training wheel gaiters?)
(5) Breathing the short hose
(6) Stages aren't all stacked on the left
(7) Rubber fin straps and (gasp!) yellow fins
Not being DIR myself, that's all I can see right off the bat... I'm sure there's more.
----------------------------
I personally have no objection to any of those, by the way, should anyone else want to rig that way. (I wouldn't rig that way myself, but that's no reflection on someone else's decisions)
Rick

Rick good list of why he is not DIR
but my question was in responce to

Aquamaniac

Thats the second time I have seen that twit, where did the pics come from?
Is he still alive??
End my inquisitive streak PLEASE!!

I was wondering what made him a twit, and why he was wondering if he was still alive. or where you emplying that because he wasn't it made him a twit.????

Trymixdiver:
I understand and i think UP did such a good job of answering your question I didn't want the rest of the thread to go to waste so I added my version of mounting deco bottles

AquaTec once bubbled...
Rick good list of why he is not DIR
I was wondering what made him a twit, and why he was wondering if he was still alive. or where you emplying that because he wasn't it made him a twit.????
Not at all... if you read my post, it begins "I have no idea, but... let me put on my DIR hat..."
And I ain't even a DIR bubba.
I just figgured that since someone was calling someone else a denigrating name because of their diving style....
Rick

Not at all... if you read my post, it begins "I have no idea, but... let me put on my DIR hat..."
And I ain't even a DIR bubba.
I just figgured that since someone was calling someone else a denigrating name because of their diving style....
Rick

I see your point now. I felt the comments where the same thing and when asked to elaberate. Aquamaniac denied. go figure.

I would still like to hear from him, and see if he comes up with something that might end his life here, as he thinks might happen.

mind you the dive itself might end his life but we haven't gone there ....yet

hi

hmmm yes idd the guy looks pretty dumm .

But you have nt seen it all. Look at this DIR site. www.frogkick.nl
they have even a section called DIW Parade. Pictures from the biggest idiots in this diving world :D :D :D

(Fitst Click on "DIR vs DIW" then in bottem right side of the page there is a link called "DIW Parade".
BTW: sorry it is in Dutch but we may translate it soon into English.
On the other hand you dont need language for these picture just humor.

Greetings from the COLD Holland.

Xerxes

I'm sure there's more.

I can spot one more. Look at how he has the SPG's on his stages/deco bottles. They are hanging down the side of the bottle, and not tied up where he can see them. Now Pug on the other hand used one of his favorite items, zipties, to take care of the job.

xerxes,
I have seen that site. From what I understand, some of those pictures were taken as jokes. However, there are some very, umm, let's just say interesting pictures on there.

...all this reminds me of a story:

Joe was a city slicker and had a fairly large chip on his shoulder. He thought he knew everything and that the country cousins were beneath him.

He was also a touch insecure.

He suspected that they were having fun at his expense; trying to get him to believe outlandish things about farm life.

He knew that only the bulls had horns so when they took him on a walked through a field of cows with horns he was sure they were trying to see if he would chicken out.

And when they passed a pasture with one lone "cow" and told him not to go near he again figured that they were trying to scare him. Joe knew that it was a harmless old cow because it had no horns and it was fatter and lumpier that the others.

Joe approach the fence to show them that their lame attempt to frighten him wouldn't work.

The country cousins warned him that not only was that a bull but that the fence was "electric."

Joe saw that they were getting desperate to frighten him and since the bull story hadn't worked they came up with the ridiculous "electric" fence tactic.

(Joe had never heard of an electric fence before.)

So to prove how ridiculous they were he unzipped and proceeded to piss on the fence.

Now the salts in urine make it a wonderful conductor for even low voltages... but most electric fencers boost the voltage up into the thousands of volts (with fairly low amperage) so that it will have a serious effect several miles down the line and through thick cow hide.

Joe learned several things that day.

One... there is such a thing as an electric fence.
two... never, never, never pee on one.
three... don't approach a bull pen and then scream wildly.
four... don't run through a cow pasture - they have "landmines."
five... if you must run make sure your pants are hitched up.
six... some folks know more than you think.
seven... you aren't as smart as you think.

Now before you go and assign the roles in the story to any specific individuals in this thread... let me say that the story applies to all of us.

Just make sure that you are not a "Joe."

And if you have been a "Joe" then at least learn the lessons.

(apologies to those whose name is Joe... just happens that was this guy's name too.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom