Deco planning app for android

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_ledford

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm running an advanced nitrox/helitrox class in a few weeks and am looking for good options for a deco planning app for Android. I'm on an iphone and use Baltic, and I'm happy to have my students use it as well. But it doesn't look like it is android supported.

I have a researcher that uses Pasto Deco, but I'm not sure he is on an android either.

It'll need to run ZHL-16 with programmable GF, trimix capable, and doesn't need to be free, but keeping to to around $20 would be nice. Students are in college so we can skip the "if you can't afford $XXX, then tech diving isn't for you" comments please :) OC/CC and cave bailout options would be nice but not necessarily a deal breaker without them.

Looking for android apps without an android is surprisingly challenging. All the download sites look like mal-ware factories!

Any suggestions?

I've been playing with this one. It's free and the UI is reasonable. Of course, you'll want to get someone to check it out to make sure that the results match your app.

Looks like $45 for multi-deco, which is less than I thought. I remember it being about $90, but that is for the desktop version it looks like.

I have a researcher that uses Pasto Deco, but I'm not sure he is on an android either.

Forget Pasto Deco. It was a very good app, with tons of specific features not available anywhere else (it was so complete, in fact it was rather confusing for beginners). This app is alas no longer maintained as its creator, Pastorelli, died while diving some years ago.

I'll second MultiDeco : very easy to use, and if you ever take the step of diving Trimix (normo and hypo), or even CCR or SCR, this app is ready for that. I've been using it for years now, nothing to complain about on my part.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom