DECO the Dark site in recreational Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both PADI and SSI certifications.

1) Like some of the other people who have posted, I believe experience is the most important factor. PADI does not require enough dives as a pre-requisite for their courses. I personally believe in getting at least 3 times the number of dives that PADI recommends. For myself, I have been getting 5 times the number of required dives before getting the next certification.

2) I believe that diving only in calm conditions in tropical waters is not enough to give the right experience levels for technical diving or dives requiring any stops beyond the standard safety stop. One should experience rough currents and surge, cold water diving, night diving, or any other conditions that will help build up one's comfort level in an unexpected situation. With more dives, one is more likely to experience issues, but in a no-deco situation, those issues can be handled easily. I've certainly had many valuable experiences.

3) Make sure you have oxygen on your boat or beach or pier. Get DAN insurance. Check out this site for the hyperbaric chamber nearest to Curacao. Or if you're not diving in Curacao, be sure to know where the closest one is.
Hyperbaric Chamber, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom