Deep Stops Increases DCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would be sure you would post it without hesitating. But you do not. That tells it all.
Interesting perspective. But not mine.

Like I said, just do it yourself if it's really bugging you. I'll steer you in the right direction if you get stuck. Just PM me.

As far as I'm concerned this "debate" has been over for awhile. I just jumped in because The VPM Marketer was trying to say VPM and GF were very similar, so I made a post showing dissimilarities that I saw (based on the NEDU results). And of course all hell broke loose.

No. Dive your NDL. When you've exceeded it, dive your GF setting. Not rocket science, but perhaps beyond your pay grade.

So answer the question please...

"How am I going to transition from 100/100 on NDL dives, to 40/55 in my air decompression dives? It sounds impossible."

That's an enormous jump and would make any air deco dive, really, really, really ,really ,really long. Surely we can't go straight to 40/55?

I'm not your dive instructor. But if it was me I'd look at the NDL. When I exceeded it I'd look to my tables/computer. For me GF50/75 would be more like it, but you can dive any GF you want.
Try to find a practical balance or compromise of Bubble/Dual Phase Models like RGBM, VPM, Ratio Deco -minimizing Fast Tissue Supersaturation stress with deep stops- while extending out shallow time on Oxygen to effectively off-gas the resultant inert loading on the Slow Tissues as implied by the NEDU Study.

By using & applying Buhlmann GF's for instance, if I were doing two OC deco dives per day for three or four consecutive days-in-a-row on Deep Air on a month long Indo-Pacific/Micronesia tech wreck expedition, then I would program my Petrel Computer from Day 1 thru 4 something like 40/70; 40/65; 40/60 and finally 40/50 for Day 4. On Day 5 take a break from diving to further off-gas those slow tissues & reset CNS O2 clock, and then continue the same three or four day consecutive deco dive day with one day-off schedule/pattern.

Try to find a practical balance or compromise of Bubble/Dual Phase Models like RGBM, VPM, Ratio Deco -minimizing Fast Tissue Supersaturation stress with deep stops- while extending out shallow time on Oxygen to effectively off-gas the resultant inert loading on the Slow Tissues as implied by the NEDU Study.

By using & applying Buhlmann GF's for instance, if I were doing two OC deco dives per day for three or four consecutive days-in-a-row on Deep Air on a month long Indo-Pacific/Micronesia tech wreck expedition, then I would program my Petrel Computer from Day 1 thru 4 something like 40/70; 40/65; 40/60 and finally 40/50 for Day 4. On Day 5 take a break from diving to further off-gas those slow tissues & reset CNS O2 clock, and then continue the same three or four day consecutive deco dive day with one day-off schedule/pattern.
I've been following your posts and interactions with Simon Mitchell. It sounds like you've had some challenges dialing in a safe level of deco. I hope your adjustments work for you. It seems like a reasonable strategy if you can do the deco time.

Nice computer too!

Interesting perspective. But not mine.

Like I said, just do it yourself if it's really bugging you. I'll steer you in the right direction if you get stuck. Just PM me.

As far as I'm concerned this "debate" has been over for awhile. I just jumped in because The VPM Marketer was trying to say VPM and GF were very similar, so I made a post showing dissimilarities that I saw (based on the NEDU results). And of course all hell broke loose.
Unfortunately VPM marketer shown your errors. Those errors you did not show being false. It is you now that need to regain credibility.
That is all I have seen. So I made my comment, otherways I would be quietly reading the thread.

Unfortunately VPM marketer shown your errors. Those errors you did not show being false. It is you now that need to regain credibility.
Remember back to the deep stop threads? And the many "errors" Ross pointed out back then? And remember that NONE were? I think my credibility will survive. :)

There is no "error" in the heat map. If you follow my descriptions of it you'd see where Ross has gone wrong (yet again) in his calculations. But do the project yourself Igor. You'll get the same results if you do the same thing. Like I said, I'll steer you in the right direction if you get stuck.

Remember back to the deep stop threads? And the many "errors" Ross pointed out back then? And remember that NONE were? I think my credibility will survive. :)

There is no "error" in the heat map. If you follow my descriptions of it you'd see where Ross has gone wrong (yet again) in his calculations. But do the project yourself Igor. You'll get the same results if you do the same thing. Like I said, I'll steer you in the right direction if you get stuck.
Sorry you do not convince me you are correct. Ross recognised and corrected his errors if I remember well. You did not.

I do not need to do any project, you need to show it.

If you would be a straight man the file would be already posted.

I chalanged you and you did not prove you are correct.

Dont have anything else to say. Going back to quietly reading....

Sorry you do not convince me you are correct. Ross recognised and corrected his errors if I remember well. You did not.

I do not need to do any project, you need to show it.

If you would be a straight man the file would be already posted.

I chalanged you and you did not prove you are correct.

Dont have anything else to say. Going back to quietly reading....
Nice try. But you aren't going to goad me into posting it. The offer still stands ... I'll assist you in your project if you get stuck. :)

Sorry you need to prove you are correct not me. :)
Get used to disappointment.

I'm actually surprised at you on this one. Just look at the chart. Intuitively you can see all the right patterns are present. The offgassing takes place at the right times for both profiles. The relative colors are all correct (very "cool" fast compartments for VPM, hot for GF; hot exiting for VPM and cooler for GF). The argument is silly, but even from my description you can see Ross isn't even following that. I spent a lot of time chasing down this type of stuff Ross would throw at the wall during the deep stop debate. There's no need to now.

Get used to disappointment.

I'm actually surprised at you on this one. Just look at the chart. Intuitively you can see all the right patterns are present. The offgassing takes place at the right times for both profiles. The relative colors are all correct (very "cool" fast compartments for VPM, hot for GF; hot exiting for VPM and cooler for GF). The argument is silly, but even from my description you can see Ross isn't even following that. I spent a lot of time chasing down this type of stuff Ross would throw at the wall during the deep stop debate. There's no need to now.
Yes I am, every your post more disapointed on you as you do not do what you should.

Gona back reading. It is useles comenting here any more...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom