Definitive Taxi fare charts in peso's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stay at Blue Angel. When we catch a ride to town I just hand the guy a $10 bill and they seemed pleased enough. For me it would be too much trouble to try and figure out the correct amount.
At over twice the fare I guess they are pleased. Do they follow you around wherever you go? :D

We stay at Blue Angel. When we catch a ride to town I just hand the guy a $10 bill and they seemed pleased enough. For me it would be too much trouble to try and figure out the correct amount.

I have no problem with charitable donations, but I would encourage them to be given to some folks who are much more destitute and/or disabled than a taxi driver.

I remember one broken man on the ferry with no legs.......

You do realize how low your trouble threshold is?

I have no problem with charitable donations, but I would encourage them to be given to some folks who are much more destitute and/or disabled than a taxi driver.

I remember one broken man on the ferry with no legs.......

You do realize how low your trouble threshold is?

How do you know the plight of some guy who drives a cab or how many children he might have and how many mouths he has to feed? I know I don't.

You lost me on the entire "trouble threshold"?

FWIW, during my last 13 day visit to the island only once did a cab driver tell me that he did not have change for (for example) a 100 peso note for an 80 peso fare. It used to be the norm but apparently now not so much, or not in my small sample size, anyway.

I think you can take that with a pound of salt.......remember who runs the taxis....
It's always a bit amusing to me how some folks in here talk about the "taxi mafia", as if that sort of thing doesn't ever happen here. Get crosswise with the Teamsters or Longshoremen here in the States sometime. :D

Back
Top Bottom