Delta 4 - Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Semita:
Overall , I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks all for the feeedback. The only problem I have had is that the plastic cover for the FDX-10 Balanced Diaphragm First Stage broke. I did not drop it or anything. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it immidiately.

Has anyone else had this problem?

It seperates for service, I've had some that I use teaching clinics that get taken apart dozens of times that start to be loose but this is the first I've heard of a new/not taken apart a few dozen times one that the cover is not snug. I'm sorry you had the problem but glad your LDS took care of it for you.

PM me your address, I'd like to send you an Oceanic ballhat to offset the gas you used on the extra trip to the LDS.

Enjoy the Delta 4, it is an amazing regulator, the first time I breathed off one I was impressed and jealous because at the time I worked for another company and we had nothing that could touch it! Needless to say I'm happy to be with Oceanic now!:D

Best,

Chris

I own this unit and really like it. In theory and in most actual dives, once you have set the preferred breathing resistance you should not have to mess with it again during the balance of the dive throught the water column,,,,I have had to tweek it on occassion at depth or in hard diving such as current. It is a nice workable reg. set-up.

cerich:
awap is pretty spot on, the whole idea behing our design is you don't notice any difference, you set it and forget it, no need to readjust for best breathing as your depth changes.

Best,

Chris

Is this the same as on the Delta 3 reg, because it does seem harder to breathe the deeper I go? Thanks

Chris

LakeScubaDiver:
Is this the same as on the Delta 3 reg, because it does seem harder to breathe the deeper I go? Thanks

Chris

Your Delta 3 should not seem harder as you go deeper, unless we are talking about 2-300 hundred feet.

Does Oceanic have a dealer in Bonaire? My wife and I have Delta IVs, and will be there for a couple of weeks. Always nice to know there is tech support available if problems develop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom