Departing the Cozumel airport inexpensively

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJSmith84

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have moved this message which was posted in a sticky at the top. I think it is more likely to get a good, quick answer this way. Marg, Senior Moderator

Not shuttle rates, but I thought there might be a few people out there who might want to see posted taxi rates for tourists (as of Jan. 2012):
View attachment 117087

From what I can tell, the local rate is about half that. The Blue Angel is still called "Caribbean Blue" on this sign. There might be other, similar inaccuracies. I would assume you can calculate the back-to-the-airport rate by adding El Centro-airport rate to the hotel-centro rate. And always ask the rate before you get in. As many times as I've been to Cozumel, every so often I fail to do that, and it's not uncommon to be asked for more than the customary fare. It happened to us this last time we returned to the airport.

I should have mentioned that the above rates were posted near the downtown ferry pier.

so we have a group of 8 of us going to feista americana- looks like it is cheaper to walk off the airport and do get an 8 passernger van or two 4 person taxis than buying the shuttle service from the airport

does anyone know the shuttle service fees?

Here's what happened to me last month:
My plan was to walk off the airport property and get a cab and avoid the airport shuttles. I was just about off the airport property when one of the shuttles stopped me and asked me if I needed a cab. I said, "Yes, but not an airport shuttle, thank you". He asked me where I was headed, which was Hotel Cozumel. He said he'd take me there for $7. I asked, "Just me? You're not gonna turn around and head back to the airport and wait until you're full, are you?" He said, "No, just you". I hopped in and he took me straight to Hotel Coz. I think it may have been due to it being the slow season and only one plane a day coming in to the island, and he figured one passenger is better than no passengers. He asked me on the way how many people were on the plane. I'm headed back in 13 days and I think I'll try that again.

The attachment didn't work for me. Please note that the posted rates only apply from the location of the sign. In other words, if you're looking at the sign in front of the ferry pier, those rates only apply when you take a cab from the taxi stand at the pier. Many hotels have similar rate info posted in their lobbies. There is also a fare chart at the Carnival cruise pier (Puerta Maya) and at some of the beach clubs.

It is always best practice to ask the driver what the full fare for your trip will be BEFORE you climb into a taxi. Once you are inside, the opportunity to reconsider or to negotiate a lower price has passed.

---------- Post Merged at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Airport shared van rate is 114 pesos/person to Fiesta Americana.

The attachment didn't work for me. Please note that the posted rates only apply from the location of the sign. In other words, if you're looking at the sign in front of the ferry pier, those rates only apply when you take a cab from the taxi stand at the pier. Many hotels have similar rate info posted in their lobbies. There is also a fare chart at the Carnival cruise pier (Puerta Maya) and at some of the beach clubs.

It is always best practice to ask the driver what the full fare for your trip will be BEFORE you climb into a taxi. Once you are inside, the opportunity to reconsider or to negotiate a lower price has passed.

---------- Post Merged at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Airport shared van rate is 114 pesos/person to Fiesta Americana.

114 pesos per person?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

... try catching a cab from any US airport into the city it services. Cozumel is a bargain.

For the distance we are going 80-90 bucks gets me a limo in Vegas for us eight :wink:

Looks like cab will save alot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom