Desiccant (Moisture) Packs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

discrepancy:
Another little trick I saw was a lady instructor, hiding behind the tailgate of her car, sliding into the legs of her wetsuit but wearing pantyhose. She swore it was way easier that dancing and hopping about in the middle of the road trying to get a damp wetsuit on.

OK, probably true. I'll try the tampon trick, but I draw the line at pantyhose.

Oh I do that when I wear a 7mm...It's soooo much easier to get on!!

Ann Marie:
I'm just about to leave on a trip only to realize that I don't have enough desiccant packs for my underwater camera. Are there certain kinds that I need to look for to use with my camera or will any that fit into the housing work?

Any idea on where to start to look for them aside from a camera store (I'll try that first)?

giggle....I have some that you can 'recharge' by baking them for a few hours, but alas I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and have no ovens!

Is the trip to a warm water destination?
You can try this, don't know if it'll work with your particular camera or more importantly housing.

But since I live in a tropical climate and the difference between air temp and water is generally very negligible here.
I've found that by prepping the camera and housing in the normal warm, humid air and then diving in water that fogging simply is not an issue.

YMMV, FWIW based on about 20 dives with my camera and housing so far.
Think it'll work for you, avoid prepping the camera & housing in the room if it's air conditioned.
Should work fine for you!

I've heard the tampon trick (or sanitary pad) being used to absorb liquid in the event that the housing leaks.

I've never experienced any fogging since I started using dessicants. I've been storing them in a ziploc bags and the batch I bought two years ago is still good (contents are lavender in color).

plus, you never hear the end of it.

Jam we have just about the same housing...I use a small OB tampon, I cut it in half, flatten it out in the rounded section of the housing...

Jamdiver:
I've heard of that too midwest, but wasn't sure that it would work with my cramped WP-DC90 housing..
No problem with that on my spacious new Ike housing :D . Was using 3 pack of dessicant on my last trip as I didn't know how effective my old packs were going to be. Still had plenty of room.

Back
Top Bottom