Destin Jetties 10-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is my last chance to check the boards, I will be leaving in an hour. I have the gear by the door and my suitcase ready to go too. Because I am not sure where we are going to dive, jetties I hope. But, if we end up going to springs I am bringing along my 6mm suit. I don't like cold so I have to layer up with that one. I have decided due to space I can only bring one tank this trip, so I may need a second one if we do two tanks. I am bringing my adapter for the tank/regulator since my steel is DIN and if I switch over I will need it.

SuprBugMn, and SeaYoda I am PM'ing my ph. to you in case you need to give me a call.

Cool. Yeah, I guess I need to verify we are talking about the same place when we say the Jetties. East PAss Jetties, right? You end up driving to the end of that road on that little spit of land (Gulf Shore Drive, I think?). Park near the marina on the right hand side of the road, and the beach access is where that shower head is. Then its like a 2-3 football field walk across soft, sugary white sand to the rocks, right? Be there by 7am, or do we want to be in the water at 7 am? I'll be there a little before that, so that I can catch my breath after that long walk and haul of gear :wink: How many dives are being planned? Do I need to pick up 2 tanks?

I'm bringing two for myself, just incase we do two dives.

I'll bring an extra for seaangel, incase she needs it, she'll have to deal with my lowly 80s though :)

The currents are weird at the jeddies, sometimes they allow you to get two dives in before it gets too swift, and sometimes you're fighting to get back to the beach by the end of your first dive. Its kind of a tossup. If the currents get too strong, we can always do a long shallow dive on the protected side of the jeddies. *shrugs*

East Pass Jeddies, correct :D the one with the incredibly long haul to get to the rocks - arg! I'm leaving at 4:45, so I should be there before 7, traffic permitting.

If we only do one dive at the jeddies, it wouldn't take much for me to be talked into driving north to jump in a spring.

Hi,

This is a bit soon and I'm sort of new here, but have a question. Is anyone going to be diving around Destin on 11/6 Its getting almost that time of year when the weather can be changing? I'm looking for someone to dive with, as my regular buddy is not available. I've done Vortex plenty of times and offshore but not Jetties been a long time since I've been to Morrison. I recall a sand road into there is that still the case? I think I read Morrison is free?

One more question....What are you guys breathing? Air, I presume? Or Nitrox?

Hey CajunNms, its never too early to get a thread going about an upcoming dive where you are looking for a dive partner or partners. I, unfortunately, won't be able to dive that weekend. Actually this weekends dive might be my last chance this year (Wife's bday on 11/16, Thanksgiving, my sons bday 11/27, expecting our second child on 12/13, Christmas, Wedding Anniversary on 12/27...).

I tried to get off work this weekend to dive Destin with you guys. I was unsuccessful and after going through a box of tissues, I am finally able to post. I'll miss it but I'm really looking forward to meeting you all! Keep me in mind for any future dives.

Malhalo,

Darcy

I'm breathing air... I need to get Nitrox cert'd, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Theres always next time darcy, we're in the water almost every weekend :)

CajunNms:
This is a bit soon and I'm sort of new here, but have a question. Is anyone going to be diving around Destin on 11/6 Its getting almost that time of year when the weather can be changing? I'm looking for someone to dive with, as my regular buddy is not available. I've done Vortex plenty of times and offshore but not Jetties been a long time since I've been to Morrison. I recall a sand road into there is that still the case? I think I read Morrison is free?

High Tide on 11/6 will fall around 3:18AM, too early for me to dive in the morning and too late for me to stay awake to dive it at night.

Morrison is free at the moment, and the road is paved most of the way, but the last few hundred yards is dirt/sand. I don't have any plans for diving that weekend yet, depending on how broke I get from the Megadive party, I may be interested in diving Morrison Springs that weekend.

SuPrBuGmAn:
High Tide on 11/6 will fall around 3:18AM, too early for me to dive in the morning and too late for me to stay awake to dive it at night.

Morrison is free at the moment, and the road is paved most of the way, but the last few hundred yards is dirt/sand. I don't have any plans for diving that weekend yet, depending on how broke I get from the Megadive party, I may be interested in diving Morrison Springs that weekend.

Hey, definitely 3:18 AM ain't do-able to me. I should checked the tide tables. Maybe just Vortex for me then or Morrison - just have the time off that weekend to do something. Thanks and hope something will turn up then. Guess I could also do the boat possibly.

FSUgly:
One more question....What are you guys breathing? Air, I presume? Or Nitrox?
Air for me too.

Sorry you can't make it Darcy. Hope we can get another chance when you can get free.

CajunNms, I have off that Saturday from my main job but I've been neglecting my part time folks - I have yet to check in with them to see if they need me to give them a break. If I'm free I'll probably hit Morrison early in the AM - not 3:00 though :D.

I'll see every one bright and early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom