Destin Jetties 10-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunatlely for me I am flying Monday morning so I can't dive tomorrow :sad:

Keep your reg in your mouth and don't drink the water! LOL!!!

You can check out scubaforum.org and BWBDivers if you are looking for a boat dive for tomorrow.

Have fun and think of us cleaning our homes rather than blowing bubbles... :bawling:

Looks like they only sample the beach water every 2 weeks, which means we probably wont have another update until the 25(after our planned dive date). Any other way for us to check on the poop-content of the water in the Destin area? It looks as if the areas beachside are fine already...

Saturday I may opt to go offshore on a boat dive instead of chancing the dirty waters. It depends on the weather if we go or not. If the waves are under 3ft we will be hitting some wrecks with tons of fish and vis last weekend of 30ft at 110 ft deep. Let me know if you wanna go for the cost of splitting fuel. I will update you as the weekend approaches. Have a great week while I freeze my butt in Iowa - no diving there :-(

Waves this past weekend were pretty much non-existant in Gulf Shores, almost glassy. I would have been in the water if it weren't for the visibility and poop-content.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Looks like they only sample the beach water every 2 weeks, which means we probably wont have another update until the 25(after our planned dive date). Any other way for us to check on the poop-content of the water in the Destin area? It looks as if the areas beachside are fine already...
I don't think any one samples but those guys. I could take a sample and grow it in our lab but I don't know their procedure for colony count. The info I came up with would be pretty useless.

fun2chase, If the boat thing falls through for you, you know where we'll be.

So do we chance it? :)

I honestly think it'll be ok, the water has flattened out and its starting to clear in Gulf Shores. Destin is usually lightyears ahead of us as far as water clarity and cleanliness.

I'm ready for saltwater, my last 3 dives have been in freshwater.

I know one thing from last months trip to Destin, I will be bringing my dive gear regardless. It seems things can clear up or change overnight. I don't want to come up short without my gear again.

As much as I hate it I can also bring my 5mil suit if I have to do a cold spring water dive. Yuck, I really would rather be in saltwater.

Keep me posted, tommorrow is just Wednesday. Still have a few days for that water to get better. I will be leaving here early Friday, but will check the messages first thing around 7am EST before we leave. I also will have my cell ph. Seayoda you still have my # right? I have yours and can call you when we get in Friday afternoon, or early evening.

seaangel:
... Seayoda you still have my # right? I have yours and can call you when we get in Friday afternoon, or early evening.
I have your email saved but can't find your #. PM me and I'll keep it in there. I'm working till 7 pm and will be home by 7:30 if no problems detain me at work.

High tide is 7:03 am - are we meeting there any earlier? SuPrBuGmAn has the worst drive. We might have to call and make sure his alarm goes off :D :wink: .

I PM'd FSUgly to see if he's able to make it. There's room for more.

SeaYoda:
I have your email saved but can't find your #. PM me and I'll keep it in there. I'm working till 7 pm and will be home by 7:30 if no problems detain me at work.

High tide is 7:03 am - are we meeting there any earlier? SuPrBuGmAn has the worst drive. We might have to call and make sure his alarm goes off :D :wink: .

I PM'd FSUgly to see if he's able to make it. There's room for more.

I Pm'd my ph. # to you. I expect we will be in Destin around 3:30 to 4 pm. Depends on how early I can get Dad to leave here.

Saturday 7am sounds early enough to me. If we get there at 7 is that still ok, it will mean entering water about 7:30 by the time we get the gear and all on. Or do we need to be actually in the water at 7am?

Hi - Off topic - I am trip planning for spring -would one of you personal message me-
How is the weather in Destin in March? Is the gulf all warm or have you experienced a a northern breeze making it rather cool? [I am married to a man who loves to dive there but I know he also likes being as "warm as a lizard on a rock"]
Thanks!
Carol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom