Destin Jetties 10-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to have that weekend off. I know how it is when you depend on those work schedules to coincide with dive planning. I just wish I did not have to drive so far to get a dive in.

All the places that I enjoy diving are a minimum of 8 hours away. I can dive here at home at our lake or the river, but they are not my first picks for diving. I will drive the 8 hours first.

My regulators have been serviced and are ready after being dissapointed this morning that they were not done in time for a trip to Morrison today. I'm going to try for a dive at Morrison on Saturday to check things out. I'll be checking with my boss tomorrow to see about the 23rd - I hope it's thumbs up.

Don't have anytime Sunday do you? We'll be at Morrison in the early morn' - like 8ish. Interested?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Don't have anytime Sunday do you? We'll be at Morrison in the early morn' - like 8ish. Interested?
That's church time for me. Sundays are pretty packed with church and family stuff so if I get a dive in it's usually after lunch until 4 pm or so. If I get there Saturday I'll be sure not to muck it up too bad for ya :D .

I saw your pic of the ceramic native - is the duck still down there too? Those things freaked me out when I first saw them from a distance - not normal fauna :) .

Yep, ducks there too :)

During out first dive, we entered just the mouth of the cavern to check things out. We wanted to spend the rest of the time exploring the cypress around the basin. I noticed it before I had left, but I never went any further than the first 10' so I couldn't make out what they were - jlayman and my other buddy didn't spot them. When we went back the 2nd dive, which we pretty much used entirely in the cavern I made sure everyone saw them. When I got close enough to identify them, I nearly spit my regulator out - it was about the last objects I would have thought to see inside a cavern :)

Glad to hear you got your regs done, and stilling keeping those fingers and fins crossed for the 23rd to work out for you to be off work. Everything is still on a go for me to be there.

If anyone is interested in a liveaboard trip to West End Bahamas Nov. 4th thru 8th I can give you information on it. I go on these atleast twice a year and they are very worth it. Best diving you can imagine. A true diving trip, atleast 5 dives a day Fri. Sat, and Sunday with possible 2 more Monday on the way back before making the crossing to Florida. It is really, awsome. I am going and can't wait.

Matter of fact I have ordered my new wetsuit and possibly will have it when I come to Destin to break it in. I am also, trying out some new fins. I love my Twin Jets, but I wanted to have a full foot fin for the warm water diving.

Pictures were pretty good Matthew from your Morrison dives. So, how cold is that spring water? I am not much into cold, but it sure looked pretty clear vis wise.

68º year-round :) The gulf will drop down into the low 60s and high 50s around January, you'll enjoy the springs then! :D

The pics don't give justice to visibility, atleast 60'.

The liveaboard sounds great, I wish I had the financial stability to pull that kind of trip off. At the moment, its hard for me to jump on a boat every month(its been almost 3!).

seaangel:
Glad to hear you got your regs done, and stilling keeping those fingers and fins crossed for the 23rd to work out for you to be off work. Everything is still on a go for me to be there...
The bad news:

I picked up my regs today - I need to take one back tomorrow. I looked at my primary and it has a fin inside that is supposed to move when I turn a knob. I see a lever moving inside the mouth piece (which I've never seen before) but the fins don't move. I think they got the lever on the wrong side of the fin. It probably wouldn't affect my breathing from the reg but since I paid for it I'd like to know everything is working.

The good news:

I'm off on the 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent.

My regs/bc are up for a service... just need to find the time I have dives planned every weekend until November. With any luck, I won't have to bring mine back for a second dissassemble.

Terrific, Bill!! Uh... that you are off on the 23rd, not about your reg. I am sure they can take care of it though.

I got my new wetsuit in today! That means I can break it in over the 23rd.

Actually, the liveaboard trip is fairly nominal all things considered. 4 nights, and days of diving, eating , diving, eating, sleep, dive, eat all for $735. I have a saving plan that I take money from every payperiod and deposit into the Credit Union so I save ahead for these trips. That is the only way I could afford it. I sort of had to just bite the bullet and make myself save the money when I figured out I would not get to do any boat diving any other way. I also, save enough so that I can take one week vacation diving somewhere too. So, far it has worked out well for me. I am ahead on my savings right now and ready to start planning 2005 dive trips. Basically, I am budgeted for $4000.00 for dive trips, if I can keep it under that even better that way if something comes up like the dive of a lifetime I will have it to go with. I absolutely do not touch that account for anything else either.

Now, this did not happen over night it has taken me a couple of years to save up this little nest egg, but it is sure worth it. It is to the point now that when I take out like for this liveaboard that by Christmas I will have already recouped on my deposits. Isn't that cool or what? Of course I do have some other advantages, like no more mortgage payments or car loan payments so that helps.

Oh, well ain't life great. We have to work, to live and then there is this little problem called diving that costs so much that we have to work even more to enjoy just a few minutes of pure pleasure in that water environment. :doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom