Destin Jetties 10-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the reg back in today - we'll see what is going to happen next. May be it will be well for Saturday's dive. I've got a back inflate BC, I kinda figure that I'll know if the bladder is leaking or the valves are not working. The service for the regs is expensive but I'm worth it :) . I figured I was booked with work for a while and took them in after our last Jetty dive. I think they forgot that I dive year round and did not get on them right away. I'll remind them next time.

Hooray for the new wet suit! No style could ever top the "vented" version you rented last time. They didn't want you to overheat in the tropical gulf waters :D .

I may have to start a vacation account myself. The price you are paying for the live-aboard is much much lower than I would have thought - I was thinking they costed in the $1500-2000 - ick!

Regulator is back - all is fine with the world!
Now if I can keep my sinuses from acting up and the river level down I'll have it made :D.

iew... You guys have had 4-9' waves for the past week and a half which started to subside just yesterday. Thats why I went to Morrison last weekend instead of the jeddies actually :) I'm glad I didn't go now that I've saved my gear from poo.

Are you still diving Morrison tomorrow? Saturday? The river should be down still, I may end up being there around 8AM, I'll confirm later. Sunday is starting not to look good as far as me finding a buddy.

That rental wetsuit was definitely a fashion statement, the absolute latest in comfort for those warmer tropical waters! LOL! I have fully inspected my new suit and it is not vented.

Get that poo out of the water, please! Or do I need to bring some sani-flush with me?

It has cooled off here a bit, and is windy. It feels like fall has arrived.

You got that on that vacation account, and maybe it is just that my local dive shop gets some really good deals for us. Whatever the case, it is working for me. You guys are always welcome to sign up and join us, we always have room for a couple of more divers. We will be making another 4 day trip to the Bahamas in March. Just let me know if you are interested. They also plan a couple of trips that are week long at a dive resort during the summer months. I know that in June they are setting up for Bonaire, don't know where the other trip will be going. I know they were also looking at adding in another trip to in April to Cozumel. I will pick one of the three when I know more about them. I was told that in 2006 they are looking at a really expensive, but once in a lifetime dive trip. It is with Mike Ball Expeditions in Australia, it is a week long liveaboard trip diving the Coral Sea. It is just a wee bit more than my budget. If I go on it that means no, Bahamas or West Palm Beach that year. I could still come to Destin though!

Have a good dive tommorrow. I will be thinking about you while I am vaccuuming the house. :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
...Are you still diving Morrison tomorrow? Saturday? The river should be down still, I may end up being there around 8AM, I'll confirm later. Sunday is starting not to look good as far as me finding a buddy.
I'm going to Morrison unless something very large and ugly gets in my way :) . I'll probably be there at about 8 am as well. I rigged every thing up tonight and all seems well. I'm bringing a rental tank for a second dive - I'll need to get back to Destin after the second dive so that I can drop the tank off in time to get back to Niceville and have very early dinner with the wife and some friends. It seems like I'm always trying to sqeeze my dives in to a frantic schedule. At least I CAN squeeze them in!

seaangel:
...Get that poo out of the water, please! Or do I need to bring some sani-flush with me?...
I think I saw several divers headed toward the jetties today with a toilet brush strapped to each leg, a jug of bleach on each hip, and crossed ammo belts full of blue drop-ins accross their chests. I guess that's the new standard gear. I'm not sure if they use the stuff on the jetties or themselves after the dive.

I wasn't able to make Morrison this morning, hope you had a good time though :)

I had a great time. I posted pics in my gallery and I'm starting a thread in Photo and Conch forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom