Destin Jetties 3/13 or 3/27, YES 2005!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL

This is your excuse to be a dirty-ole-man, don't let it slide by!

Does anyone know what the conditions are like at the jetties this time of year? Wondering whether to take 3mm suit or 7mm suit. I've heard that the water is to be about 69 F. and I've never been to the jetties.

Its hard to judge someone elses comfort level, you really need to judge it yourself. It'll be in the mid-high 60sF. I'll be wearing a full 3mm and I probably won't even bother using my gloves or hood, but then again, thats me.

We may have company on our dive - I read in the paper that they will be dredging the pass from February to April. I hope they don't mess up the viz too bad.

SeaYoda:
We may have company on our dive - I read in the paper that they will be dredging the pass from February to April. I hope they don't mess up the viz too bad.

Ugh, you and me both SeaYoda. I am going to tenatively schedule this trip. I am trying to schedule one trip a month and these dates would fall into my schedule quite nicely. Looking forward to it,

Matt

I hope they take weekends off, with any luck a tidal cycle will get rid of most of the murk/debri :p

SuPrBuGmAn:
I hope they take weekends off, with any luck a tidal cycle will get rid of most of the murk/debri :p
Another reason to flush twice :D .

Corigan,
I hope you can make it - I hope I can make it too!

Any word on the dredging?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Any word on the dredging?
I have not read anything as of late but I went over the bridge before Christmas and I thought I saw some equipment out there. I did not return the same way so I didn't get a closer look. If I go by there again I'll post what I see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom