Did you know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool series.

Sarah and Fred are enjoying the view of the neighborhood from their front porch.

Photo 1
Sarah - "Fred, it's such a lovely day, so peaceful."
Fred - "Yeah, it's nice watching everyone go about their way."

Photo 2
Fred - "Would you look at that?!? Those divers are back again. They're so nosey!"
Sarah - "Dear, just ignore them, they'll go away soon."

Photo 3
Fred - "Hey, Buddy! Watch where you point that thing, there are women and children here!"
Sarah - "Oh, MY! That flash was bright, I can't see a thing! Fred? Fred, where are you?"

:D

Yeah I did! :wink:

Hey Lisa,

Great shots!!!!

alcina:
Yes, you can take them out and change over...it's leaving them out that causes things to reset. I have no idea how long you can leave them out without putting in others...somehow 1 hour sits in my mind, but that doesn't mean much.

I'd go nuts trying to find stuff from a particular dive if I didn't have the date/time thingy.

One word of warning which is a definite flaw in Olympus, IMO. If you change cards during the day, the wonderful camera starts over in numbering. So you will have two P80404001s etc...the data encoded will have the correct time so you CAN tell them apart, but you can't save them into the same file or they will overwrite. So now when I download from the camera and I have used two cards, I have 050804one and 050804two folders that I copy images to...then I can rename and dump the second folder.

If you go to set-up then to filename then set it to Auto, it will keep on numberring. You have to watch out since it will also create extra folders on the card but you won't end up with two pics with the same name. You might have to turn off "All Reset" though but I turned mine off once I figured the basics of using the camera. With it off, it will not reset all of the settings to factory default on power-up.

Love the photos Leesa, but eels dont yawn.

Yawning is a reaction that mammals use to eliminate carbon dioxide from the lungs whe eels obviously dont have.

What the eel is saying is

"Leesa, dude, you are just a little too close and that thing you are pointing at me and my boyfriend is weirding me out, Im going to open my mouth to show you how big my teeth are, and to let you know that they will be wrapped round your nearest appendage soon if you dont back off!"

It is in effect a fishy version of a dog barking.

leesa

i love the photo, i just wish i could get more time underwater in blue ocean to take more pictures at this rate i wont ever make it to the DSLR housings as i have yet to get my pt-015 housing wet.

anyways heres what i do to check files on my systems is that when the files are downloaded they go into a "to be processed" folder from there i look in the master library to see if any dupes are in there, and if need be rename it.

also im looking at a cataloging program and right now extensis portfolio to keep track of my files as im getting confused with having so many files, especially after this summer with shooting 70 rolls of film and around 4k digital images, i have alot of editting to do as well as keeping track of.

FWIW

Tooth

also just another question what is the highest ISO you will shot on the 5050 because the exif info on this photo said 64. i have noticed that the 5050 has a real noise problem above 200 do you find this the same?

Tooth

I usually try to only use 64, If I have to crop the picture and had used anything higher the picture would just be crap :ignore: ummmm really bad.

Back
Top Bottom