Difference between Apeks XTX200 & Apeks XTX200 Tungsten, and which to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the prices of the knob and sleeve are inflated to preserve profit margins, but that's not the point.
...which is, that the two 2nd stages (20 and 200) have exactly the same performance.

Last edited:
I both own a regular apeks xtx200 and an apeks xtx200 tungsten. apart from the cool exterior finishing of the tungsten, there's no other difference between the two. Even the cost of the annual regular servicing is the same.

I both own a regular apeks xtx200 and an apeks xtx200 tungsten. apart from the cool exterior finishing of the tungsten, there's no other difference between the two. Even the cost of the annual regular servicing is the same.

Yep. Exactly.

own the tungston, and wish i had got the 100 or plain 200. scratches have started to appear on the 200 tungston. though it is tougher than chrome it is a thin coating and with the soft brass underneath has resulted in gold scratches against the grey tungston coating.

I don't know about Apeks tungsten, but Scubapro's Titanium version can't handle oxygen level above than 40%.

What about apeks tungsten? Does it face the same limitation as titanium?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom