DIN adapters, DIN conversion kits, Hoses, Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I thought you meant yoke-to-din. The din and yoke assemblies are different. I would recommend getting the din and using an adaptor. Unless you dive in an overhead environment and are likely to bump into restrictions, the adaptor should be fine. I bought a MK25 new which was yoke (good deal) and converted to din. Same for used MK17s and a MK20, all of which were yoke but one. If you have a choice, it's better to get the din from the get-go. I have several SP yoke assemblies lying around so if you really need one, send a PM.

As to needing services, unscrewing the din/yoke assemblies is easier with the right tool. Also, there's a recommended torque when screwing it in. If you can change a tire, you can change out din/yoke assemblies. No need to service the rest of the reg (unless it's due).

So, I'm in process of buying a new ScubaPro M25 1st with A700 2nd. I was planning to get DIN b/c it's just better and b/c eventually i'm going to start doing some Tec diving. However, I do a lot of travel diving and rental tanks that use yokes. I was reading that conversion kits are much better than using adapters. However, I talked to ScubaPro directly and there is not a conversion kit for DIN to Yoke. Only Yoke to DIN. So do you think I should buy the M25 as a yoke and get the DIN conversion kit to convert to DIN when I need it, and back to Yoke when I need it. ScubaPro says each time you switch the reg needs services (i.e money). I thought this conversion was something one could do themselves with a couple tools and some knowledge?

Or should I just get the DIN and one of the low cost Yoke adapters and just deal with the extra adapter.

Thanks

Sorry, I thought you meant yoke-to-din. The din and yoke assemblies are different. I would recommend getting the din and using an adaptor. Unless you dive in an overhead environment and are likely to bump into restrictions, the adaptor should be fine. I bought a MK25 new which was yoke (good deal) and converted to din. Same for used MK17s and a MK20, all of which were yoke but one. If you have a choice, it's better to get the din from the get-go. I have several SP yoke assemblies lying around so if you really need one, send a PM.

As to needing services, unscrewing the din/yoke assemblies is easier with the right tool. Also, there's a recommended torque when screwing it in. If you can change a tire, you can change out din/yoke assemblies. No need to service the rest of the reg (unless it's due).

Thanks. So is there a difference between the factory DIN configuration if i bought it as a DIN.. vs, if I bought as a yoke and used the SP conversion kit? Seems that would give me both worlds without use of an adapter. But if there is an advantage to having a native DIN configuration and not a converted one, then that would be good to know.

Thanks. So is there a difference between the factory DIN configuration if i bought it as a DIN.. vs, if I bought as a yoke and used the SP conversion kit? Seems that would give me both worlds without use of an adapter. But if there is an advantage to having a native DIN configuration and not a converted one, then that would be good to know.

No, the din or yoke assemblies are modular units that are screwed in to the same reg body. If you don't plan on using the mk25 with din connector for a while, getting a yoke is a perfectly good option. If you plan on using cylinders with both valve types, it's simpler to get the din version and use an adaptor when you need yoke.

No, the din or yoke assemblies are modular units that are screwed in to the same reg body. If you don't plan on using the mk25 with din connector for a while, getting a yoke is a perfectly good option. If you plan on using cylinders with both valve types, it's simpler to get the din version and use an adaptor when you need yoke.

Thanks for insight. I plan to use Yoke mostly b/c I travel a lot and use rental tanks. However, soon I will start doing some TEC diving training and I know DIN's are used for TEC diving and I just like the added advantage of DIN over yoke. Sounds like it may be best to get a yoke and conversion kit and when i move to Tec diving I can switch it out.. Yea?

Back
Top Bottom