DIN Kit for Mk17 Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beejw

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

its been a while since i posted. ive been out diving a lot and managed to get a few qualifications a long the way.

But, i have a few questions.

Which DIN kit would i use to change a Yoke Mk17 to a DIN setup. All i can find is a DIN kit for the Mk10/16/18/20/25. Is this the same peice i would need for the Mk17?

CHeers guys.

Beej.W:popcorn:

Yes, I am almost positive that the kit is universal for the SP regs with the exception of a few of the really old models

Yes, one kit works for everything except the MK 5.

As an aside, the MK 17 is an evolutionary development of the MK 16.

Speaking of the MK5, I could really use one or two more DIN converters and they are not made any more. There is an aftermarket one sold by Trident and available on Ebay, but I bought one a while back and it didn't work. We couldn't get the saddle to fit with it correctly.

I've tried all the old-time SP techs I know around here to see if anyone has a few squirreled away in inventory, but no luck. I really need to find at least one more so I can have a spare first stage to go with the 5 of them I have now. The other 2 I'll just hold on to for parts. That makes 8 MK5 regs for me.

Just becuase it's old, doesn't mean it's worthless. Now if I could just convince my wife of that....

Ken

Back
Top Bottom