Dinero In San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swheeler25

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going on a trip to Belize with my Mom in December and our deal is that i'll be paying for some of the meals and all the booze. She is not much of a drinker, but I am 26 and enjoy my share of after dive beer/cocktails. I won't be hitting the bars hard every night (as I am there to dive not drink), but how much $US should I look to bring to cover the two of us for 8 or so days. Not much of a souvenier guy either, so this will really be my only expense?

Regards
Scott

I'm heading there on Friday. Our 4th time to Belize. San Pedro has alot of dining choices. Where you are staying has allot to do with where you are gonna be eating. If you are staying north of the bridge there are many less choices. The cart path at night can be challenging if there has been rain. North of the bridge Beach-N-Kitchen for weekend brunch (I hope Cathy is still making the stuffed french toast with babannas foster topping...Mmmmmmm). For lunch the Palapa Bar cold Belikin and some fish tacos. In town prices can range from 10-30 per person for dinner. Some of the places we like are Estelle's for breakfast (you gotta love the fryjacks). Georges Kitchen for breakfast, lunch or dinner (George and his ole' lady (not his wife, don't make the mistake of saying wife) are great to talk to and are just great people. Sunset Grill, Caramba, Elvi's Kitchen, Blue Water Grill are good dinner spots. There are many others but those are some we like, just my opinion...

As the previous poster said there is a range of prices. I'd say prices are really not that much different from the US so figure whatever you would spend here.

Your food costs will vary based on how you want to eat. If you eat at the nicer places with full table service you will pay American-like prices. There are also many smaller delis (hole in the wall kinds of places) where you can pay much less. You can get a decent lunch or dinner for USD$5-10 at one end or pay USD$20 or more depending on what you want. If your hotel includes a kitchen, there are plenty of local markets where you can buy packaged goods if you want to eat in a few times and save some money.

Take Mom to Elvies for the Lobster.

Heres a small article I wrote called How to Eat Good and Cheap on Ambergris Caye

It tells you a few of the local favorite places to eat real cheap on the island.

How to Eat Good and Cheap On Ambergris Caye

Gaz Coopers

During low season Wheeler you will be able to negociate a discount on your without going through me most will offer you a discount if you ask. During high season people will be less inclined to offer discounts.

Gaz

The best way to get discounts at any time of the year is to have (US) cash, and to haggle. Cash remains King.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom