Question Egypt Safety due ongoing War in the region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Hurghada for almost 3 weeks and returned end of first week of March. Everything was as usual. Nothing different was reported from my friends there since I returned. I had friends do Liveaboard trips there recently too. They all had good times there.

Anyone know how is the situation at the moment? I have trip planned in June.
Temperatures change every month, culminating in hellish heat by July-August

If you are Jewish or have Israeli citizenship, I would recommend to refrain from visiting Egypt, or any other Arab/muslim country for the time being.

Temperatures change every month, culminating in hellish heat by July-August

If you are Jewish or have Israeli citizenship, I would recommend to refrain from visiting Egypt, or any other Arab/muslim country for the time being.
While the tensions in the region need no explanation, travelers will naturally want to rely on the advice of their governments as to whether and where they should be travelling.

I am a cold weather type: -5 to 15 Celsius I consider nice weather, 25-30 is hot, 35-40 is hell.

35-40 is hot but not "hellish" :) 45 - 50 is indeed hellish :p

35-40 is hot but not "hellish" :) 45 - 50 is indeed hellish :p
Yeah for sure, but some are less tolerant.

I start sweating and melting at 35 with halucinations of having a cold beer with dew condensating on the glass, at 40 I pity myself why didn't chose some hobby where the water is in solid state, like skiing and the cold beer replaced by huge ice cream.. Then I get into the water and forget about all that for the next hour...

After last northern hemisphere summer in Cyprus and Egypt, I decided that 30-35 degrees is an optimal temperature for me. Hotter is good for watersports, but not much else. I'd take heat over cold every day of the week. We are just entering the colder months of the "winterless north" of New Zealand and I'm suffering already! It is a very personal issue.

Back
Top Bottom