Question Egypt Safety due ongoing War in the region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supposing it could be a drone coming from Yemen, it was shot 125 kms before reaching the israeli coast.... and after more than 1700 kms without being hit ??

As CentCom (Central Command of US forces) declared tuesday 26 dec.:
Various military assets, including aircraft, "shot down 12 attack drones, 3 anti-ship ballistic missiles and 2 cruise missiles in the southern Red Sea fired by the Houthis."

Dahab is far from the southern Red Sea....

Supposing it could be a drone coming from Yemen, it was shot 125 kms before reaching the israeli coast.... and after more than 1700 kms without being hit ??

As CentCom (Central Command of US forces) declared tuesday 26 dec.:
Various military assets, including aircraft, "shot down 12 attack drones, 3 anti-ship ballistic missiles and 2 cruise missiles in the southern Red Sea fired by the Houthis."

Dahab is far from the southern Red Sea....

The drone at Dahab was shot down by an Israeli fighter jet.

The IDF released footage showing the interception, which reportedly occurred off the coast of Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula.

Witnesses cited by Egyptian media said they saw something fall into the Gulf of Aqaba.

Al Qahera News television, which has links to state intelligence, reported that blasts were heard about two kilometers (1.2 miles) from the Egyptian seaside town of Dahab, which lies around 125 kilometers (75 miles) south of Eilat.

How's the situation? Is it still wise to head to Hurghada?

How's the situation? Is it still wise to head to Hurghada?

I think so. I would get on a plane tomorrow and head there if I could. My posts are merely to present the information that there IS some level of activity in the area and that it could increase or decrease without notice. But I still haven't seen any indication that anyone or anything in Egypt is being targeted.

I would have no problems going to Sharm or Hurghada.

This might be the jealousy talking, but I don't like you

You folks should be afraid to go there and stay at home. We will go there and suffer in your place. We will be lonely in the uncrowded boats, reefs and hotels without you but at least you will be safe. Will send you a post card (if I remember).

💋💋💋💋💋

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom