DIR and NE Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro once bubbled...

I guess its a matter of symantics.. Ok its not fully around a persons neck...

The way I wear it its bungied onto the side of my tank (I guess you'll call me stuffer) and its sits like a normal octo (and highly visable), so when I'm with students I already can have it in my hand ready to hand off when they are doing skills.. I inherently know where it is (It always sits in the same place so I can easily grab it without looking) and I prefer to always dive the same gear config (other than accessories)so there is no thinking in a case of an emergency.. its all automatic.. with a student I don't want to have to switch to my " backup" and prepare the long hose.. I also like the way my poseidon cyclon feels coming off the right post.

I do have a few drings attached to my back tanks.. They are used on occasion.. I can get to them an I never use metal to metal connections on anything that can get snapped to me.. When I'm doing some digging or working on something it makes a great place to put things so they are out of your way and still accessable..

I also used to wear my long hose bungied to my doubles, but changed after I dove with a friend who I hadn't seen in several years. He dove his long hose around the chest. I tried it, and found it suited me better.

As a wreck diver, I'm always looking for a better way to stow wreck reels, my Jersey reel, liftbags, tools, etc. I found that once I started wearing my long hose around my neck, I could bungie or clip most of this gear to my doubles, where it's out of the way, instead of causing clutter in front of me. (And yes, I can reach all the gear I have attached to my doubles.)

Also, from the same friend, I picked up my current way of mounting my argon bottle. It is hose clamped across the back of my isolation manifold. Again, it's completely out of the way, and I can still reach all my valves in the event of a failure.

See you on the bottom,
Al.

:cheers:

Divesherpa once bubbled...
That's what happens when you don't actually dive, just read about it on the internet.

Opinions are like, well, we know what they are like.
In that case free to state your opinion over on DIR/Quest.

Roak

No, thanks.
I would rather communicate with individuals who have opinions based on experiences other than only DIR.
They have some great points, but I'm not into joining the "club".
I'd rather be diving and learning than reading and typing all the time.

Cheers and safe typing

Hey Roak,
Your attempt to discredit this board is noticed by others as well.

Cheers

I'll take your two responses to mean "No, I won't"

Descredit this board? This is the best board around!

Roak

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom