DIR backup light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually use them to either flat mount things, like my shears to my webbing, where twisting isn't an issue, or I use two heavy duty ones side by side.

They're also great for DIY wrist mounts and such.

I've never had a problem with a twist off, but will try giving them a good twist and see what happens. If they pop, I'll change my console and light ones to line, as they'd be the only connections susceptible to that problem.

Thanks for the input.

Scott

OneBrightGator once bubbled...
Cave line is much eaiser to cut than prying a split ring open would be, plus if the clip did get stuck closed I would not want to be prying with my knife that close to my neck... no thanks.
I meant prying the bolt snap open, not the split ring. I really don't think you'd have to pry that hard anyway. If you do, then you're clip was in really bad shape already. If you're that stupid and lazy, that you didn't replace it, you deserve to take a shot to the neck with your knife!

Is there any reason not to use bungie?

Eh... either way, I will be doing no prying with my knife anywhere near my neck.

Bungie would be too... um... bungie-like for backup lights, It'd be harder to tie, would be a larger diameter than cave line, the knot and ends would not "seal" as well as cave line and I can't see any benefit to having a bungie attachment on my lights.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom