DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Heisler (Laguna)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I have another question. How many tanks should I bring? And since rent should I get 72 or 80 or just go for the double 120's. (just kidding about the double 120's)

How many dives do you want to do? :)

Personally, I'm planning right now for only one dive, so I'm just going to bring one cylinder. Heisler is pretty shallow, so a 72 or 80 would be fine for one dive.

So I have another question. How many tanks should I bring? And since rent should I get 72 or 80 or just go for the double 120's. (just kidding about the double 120's)

I'd imagine 2 cylinders would be plenty.

To be fair though, you do appear to have made an active request to GUE and not to UTD :)

Just FYI, and I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I did invite Maciek and Jeff in my initial round of emails....I also sent an email specifically to the two of them inviting them once again and bringing up the fact that it could be an opportunity to meet potential students.

Maciek has been on the list from pretty much day 1. Jeff couldn't commit when I originally sent out the emails, and I sent another one today. I've made every effort to include UTD in this as well....they've both committed to coming, but I couldn't make their decision any easier (i.e. I can't force people to come, I can only give the opportunity).

And, as Chris mentioned, Bob did contact me....not the other way around.

FWIW, Jeff is now joining and looks like he wants to offer some incentives and give aways as well (really hoping to see some of the great UTD videos).

I don't want to make this a GUE vs UTD thing....seems that you're the one bringing that up....let's please leave it at this and not make any bigger deal out of it than needs to be made.

Send me your number I'll add it to my call list. I'm always looking for someone to chat with when I'm driving. All the east coast people go to bed early, so having a few more west coast people that want to talk is always a bonus. hahahaha.
As stated, I did contact Nicole after several of my students mentioned the event, and she was gracious enough to allow me to join the gathering.
I'm excited and looking forward to it. Thought offering a few gifts and incentives might add some interest and bring a few more people. I love a party, but I hate to show up empty handed (The swag box is growing) and hey, if a few people actually want to take a class or two from any of the instructors that are there, awesome. (sounds like the perfect chance to meet and discuss with a great range of talent and experience, a buyer's market.........so bring a few friends) If not, we will all still have a great time and enjoy each others company. Looking forward to seeing Jeff and Maciek and the rest of those attending as well.
I didnt know there was a GUE vs UTD thing. :D Best, Bob 6077653942

Originally Posted by limeyx
To be fair though, you do appear to have made an active request to GUE and not to UTD

Maybe I am just sore that Sherwood never calls me up on the phone :)

Hey Nicole,

It's amazing how much traction this day is getting...really looking forward to it. I'll bring a few things to add to Bob's swag box - DVDs, shirts, etc., maybe an online class or two.

This will be a great opportunity to learn about the basic principles of DIR, and particularly how we all train divers at every level, from a basic open water class for non-certified divers, through more advanced recreational diving, and on to tech, wrecks, caves, etc. But learning the foundational skills early is what we all want to promote. That, and having fun in and around the water (ie diving and eating).

So it will be great to see old friends and new - Bob and Steve and Maciej, and have a fun day of diving and storytelling.

This is a fantastic opportunity for everyone attending...thanks again for setting it up.

Jeff
Unified Team Diving

Back
Top Bottom