DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Heisler (Laguna)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can add 'Roger' to the list. he is a curious friend of ours that will be coming.

Who's coming - updated

DIR (has taken a GUE/UTD course):
1. ligersandtions - Nicole
2. xstephenx - Stephen
3. jenth - Jen
4. lobstah - Maciek (UTD instructor)
5. Ramsy - Walter
6. hsuan - Jennifer
7. Codyjp - Cody
8. Rainer - Christopher
9. SCUBA Q - Quintin
10. stargost - Cyrille
11. Steve Millington - Steve (GUE instructor)
12. leabre - Shawn
13. Charles
14. Blackwood - Marc (probably)

DIR curious (has not yet taken a GUE/UTD course):
1. textilet
2. pfulks
3. Leslie
4. joethesci
5. Venom
[-]6. OwenCA[/-]
6. Grover48
7. scubadobadoo
8. scobadobadoo's wife
9. formula1mb
10. Oside Jimc
11. peewee2472
12. [-]Kenny Lee[/-] (RIP)
13. Roger

I would love to came and join the festivities. Nicole, can you please add me to the list. thanks, best, Bob

@Grover: Wow, it *is* quickly coming up! Really looking forward to it.

@Blackwood: That'd be great if you can join!

If anyone else would like to join (DIR-curious or DIR-experienced), please do sign up.

I would love to came and join the festivities. Nicole, can you please add me to the list. thanks, best, Bob

This is Epic cool! It'll be great to see you Bob! If anybody who was on the fence about coming this should seal the deal for them!

Interested in trying out a bp/w???

I talked with Bob Sherwood last night and he said that between himself and Steve Millington, they should be able to provide some back plates and wings for people to use if they're interested. I had not planned to offer up any gear as I did not want to take on the liability, but the two of them are instructors and have insurance to cover any liability.

Please let me know if you'd be interested so we can get an idea of the number of plates and wings they'd be looking at.

Haven't spoken with UTD yet, but maybe they'd be willing to provide some of their gear as well...

Need more reason to join our DIR event??

Also, as further incentive to join on the dive, Bob Sherwood has graciously offered a discount on future training. Even better, Bob Sherwood and Steve Millington are planning to co-teach a few classes this December/January (I would kill to take a class with the two of them!!! If you're interested at all, this is your opportunity....show up, take advantage of the discount, and get some of the best training available!!!).

Please keep in mind that this is not a GUE day....this is a DIR day. It just happens that Bob has offered some additional incentive that I really appreciate and would like to pass on to everyone.

Wow, what a fantastic incentive, Bob Sherwood and Steve Millington!!!

Sounds like it's going to be a great day! I would encourage those who are on the fence to sign up as it will be an unforgettable day!

Color me envious! :)

I talked with Bob Sherwood last night and he said that between himself and Steve Millington, they should be able to provide some back plates and wings for people to use if they're interested.
Haven't spoken with UTD yet, but maybe they'd be willing to provide some of their gear as well...

Please keep in mind that this is not a GUE day....this is a DIR day. It just happens that Bob has offered some additional incentive that I really appreciate and would like to pass on to everyone.

To be fair though, you do appear to have made an active request to GUE and not to UTD :)

I talked with Bob Sherwood last night and he said that between himself and Steve Millington, they should be able to provide some back plates and wings for people to use if they're interested. I had not planned to offer up any gear as I did not want to take on the liability, but the two of them are instructors and have insurance to cover any liability.

Please let me know if you'd be interested so we can get an idea of the number of plates and wings they'd be looking at.

Need more reason to join our DIR event??

Also, as further incentive to join on the dive, Bob Sherwood has graciously offered a discount on future training. Even better, Bob Sherwood and Steve Millington are planning to co-teach a few classes this December/January (I would kill to take a class with the two of them!!! If you're interested at all, this is your opportunity....show up, take advantage of the discount, and get some of the best training available!!!).

All right! A sale, Leslie will certainly sign up!

This just keeps getting better!

Hi Nicole,

Looks like I'll be able to join you!

Jeff

To be fair though, you do appear to have made an active request to GUE and not to UTD :)

To be fair, Nick, Bob reached out to her, not the other way around. :)

Also sounds like Nicole has every intention of contacting UTD to see if they too can offer gear for trial.

Really great that Bob will be able to join. He's an amazing diver and educator.

Back
Top Bottom