dir-f question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHILL OUT GUYS:) anyway the latest on gue's dir-f courses are still a minimum of 300 meters under 14mins. just spoke to my instructor the new change has not been fully discussed or implemented and hes always in touch with jj and the rest of the gue crew. my instructor has a schedule of over 8 seminars over the next 2 months australia, new zealand and hawaii and the requiremnts are still 300 m under 14mins and 60ft breathhold.

Re: standards, after the course is over with, all students fill out an instructor evaluation that is submitted to GUE. Part of the purpose of that is to see how consistent their different instructors are and where there are variations. They also have instructor's meetings (which I believe are annual) where such matters are discussed and reconciled... :) Finally, there is a comment section at the bottom of the evaluation for free text feedback.

Mike Loyco:
While you all were arguing, I was out DIVING.

i'm sorry... what is this "DIVING" you speak of, please?

H2Andy:
i'm sorry... what is this "DIVING" you speak of, please?
one puts on goggles and flippers, jumps into the water with an oxygen tank strapped onto their back. It's highly dangerous and only the most physically fit and adventitious brave souls should try. <snickering>

Oh yeah, one needs a license to do it, too. :crafty:

ooooh... you forgot the big knife neded to fend off the assaulting sharks which
are waiting below the boat to pounce on the diver when he jumps in

also, a dive watch the size of a manhole cover costing a small country's GNP
is a must... geared to record everything short of the sound of enemy spearguns

(for, you see, enemies with spearguns are quick to materialize should the sharks
not do their bloody duty)

Sounds like fun. Wearing "flippers" and an oxygen tank strapped to my back. I can go really deep breathing "oxygen," like 100 feet! If the speargun guys and sharks don't do the trick, watch out for the enemy diver who pulls off your mask, er, goggles. I've heard that will kill you instantly. As long as I have a samurai sword strapped to my leg, those big bad sharkies won't bother me. Otherwise I'll have to punch them in the nose.

the swim was actually not as bad as i thought. clocked 8mins and all backstroke. i was worrying over nuthin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom