DIR Fundamentals & Dress for Success. Still up to date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yea I found two things from another list.....cuff dumps on the drysuit are not DIR and tucking in the crotch d-ring is not necessary.

salty:
Christian:
The light cord, which was mentioned above, is one issue. I dont rember the rest but Im sure they will be mentioned by others shortly.

As some one already mentioned the books are a good read but the best source is the on line list's that are set up for DIR only.

Ron
Thanks Ron.

Christian

Rick Inman:
Well, from what I read, there's always minor changes.

For example, HID wire under- no, over- no, whatever...

So what is the current consensus on this and why? Last I heard West coast DIR was light cord under and East coast DIR was light cord over ... anyone for light cord around?

Tim

As per GI3 light cord goes over the long hose.

kidspot:
So what is the current consensus on this and why? Last I heard West coast DIR was light cord under and East coast DIR was light cord over ... anyone for light cord around?

Tim
Why...Pretty simple anything that AG had a hand in was absolute strokery...he's even to be blamed for the "Dress for Success"

I'm sure Dan would get blamed as well if he manufactured a scooter.

kidspot:

Tim

Over is prefered cause it eliminates the chances of clipping the light cord over the hose and jamming it by having it over after handing over the hose to your buddy you just pas the light cord under wich creates less problems but both ways are still being used and is not a major issue just like the D-ring

JeffG:
Why...Pretty simple anything that AG had a hand in was absolute strokery...he's even to be blamed for the "Dress for Success"

I'm sure Dan would get blamed as well if he manufactured a scooter.
... or anything else that might compete with JJ's other business interests ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
... or anything else that might compete with JJ's other business interests ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Except JJ is quiet on the Internet. Now piss George off, totally different story.

JeffG:
Except JJ is quiet on the Internet. Now piss George off, totally different story.
CEO's can afford to have others do their talking for them ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

kidspot:
kidspot:
Just finished a Wreck Class last month on the Sea Tiger off of Waikiki. . . during open water line laying practice at Kewalo Pipe while performing a OOG air-sharing drill, I found it easier to donate the long hose with the primary light cord initially routing underneath. Made going to your bungied Back-up Reg, securing the Penetration Line & Reel, and deploying the remaining long hose length with your right hand much simpler. OTOH, with the light cord over the long hose, you'd have to secure your Reel, then pass your light head & cord around to clear the long hose, clip off the light head to your right D-ring, and then deploy the remaining long hose length . . .slightly more time & potential for fumbling the Reel (which I did!) during my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom