DIR Fundamentals in New Mexico. Nov 15-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Period is removed.

Thanks for permission!

Roak

Disclaimer: this is gonna sound like a dumb question...

Is there any way in which we can influence the schedule of when and where GUE offers DIRf?

Hypothetical situation...Joe Diver in Boston, MA knows of at least 5 or 6 divers that would gladly take DIRf if they had the opportunity. Can I/Should I call GUE and let them know that there is a classful of students up here waiting for them?

Or is the scheduling purely done from their end?

Thx,
Matt

The scheduling is completely done from YOUR end.

If you've got the divers, give GUE a call and tell them when you'd like a class.

That's all I did, one month ago there was no DIRF in NM. I didn't even have the divers at that point in time and contacted MHK about MAYBE scheduling a class and we ended up setting one up. We now have the minimum number of divers so the class is a go!

Roak

Matt,

We've set up 2 DIR F classes here in Michigan. If you'd like some insight into what it takes to get one going, PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Jack

Detroit Diver,

I will probably take you up on that offer. Go Blue...Beat Ohio St!!!

King Kong Matt
b. 1971 - Ann Arbor, MI

Mom and Dad grew up in Birmingham, MI.
Dad went to undergrad at UMich
Dad went to Med School at UMich
Dad did residency at UMich
Mom went Mich St.
Every Aunt or Uncle I have went to Mich St. or Wayne St.
My younger brother went to U Mich...joined the same fraternity as my Dad...and lived in the same room in the frat house.

I was born in A2, lived there for years...probably have been to more UMich games than everyone on this board collected...learned "Hail to the Victor" before the national anthem...in short bleed maize and blue.

And I'm the outcast in my family.........................went to stupid ol' Harvard...............the Michigan of the East.

We still have openings for two more divers, if anyone's tempted!

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom