Dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon Pioneer setup: $55
Apeks reg setup: $400
DUI Drysuit: $2000
Jet Fins: $70
Hose kit: $80
2 E8-119 tanks: $600
Mask: $60
Helios 4.5: $887
Scout light: $86

That's a bit over $4k for a "DIR" setup. Then again, for a quality full diver setup, whether "GUE/DIR" or not, will be about the same.

But there is the fact that GUE doesn't offer an OW class.

I'm quite certain that this is a troll meant to further the rumor that DIR diving requires a lot of equipment. Some people don't realize that it's all about minimizing gear. I think this troll knows all of this.

jonnythan once bubbled...

That's a bit over $4k for a "DIR" setup. Then again, for a quality full diver setup, whether "GUE/DIR" or not, will be about the same.

I wish someone had advised me to buy that setup when I was just starting out. I'd be money in pocket now. 8)

John F

JohnF once bubbled...
I wish someone had advised me to buy that setup when I was just starting out. I'd be money in pocket now. 8)
[/B]

Amen!

(he says after wasting 3 BCs ~US$1000, 1 Air2 ~US$150, 1 set of fins ~$175, 6 torches/lights ~US$1000, 3 computers ~US$2000, 1 drysuit ~US$500, 2 tanks ~US$500, 2 reels ~US$150... mind you I have sold most of it on).

If he's buying a drysuit, which might be a good idea for NE if he decides to keep diving, then 4K doesn't seem unreasonable at all, although it would be on the somewhat high end.

DUI CF200 signature series will cost mid 2K, DUI undies will cost ~$400, reg, BP/harness, gauge will cost 1K, mask, fins, etc. will make up the difference for 4K easy. Don't even need a canister light to go there.

If he's not buying DIR equipment, then he'll be adding a computer to that.

My only concern is that he hasn't been certified yet, so how does he know whether he'll continue diving?

jonnythan once bubbled...

this looks like it should be followed by

"Dropping gear bag off the deck - Priceless"

Albion once bubbled...

this looks like it should be followed by

"Dropping gear bag off the deck - Priceless"
HA HA HA ... thanks for shining some light on an other wise dull day above water

HELLO
Im pretty knew here but here is my two cents.
I agree if i would of bought that setup right off the
get go i would be money ahead.
i dive all Dive Rite gear and just to do a beach dive
minus the drysuit its easy to have $4000 in equipment.
one of my trans packs ive been diving for years know
and its still in great shape, you get what you pay for.

TDI Extended Range Diver.:) :) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom