Disabled Friendly Dive Destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the Brac Reef Beach Resort on Cayman Brac... I feel confident that the hotel management will be willing to work with you to make sure that you and your wife have a great trip because they host Dive Pirates vacations every year for disabled divers. Good luck!

Little Cayman Beach Resort or Cayman Brac Beach Resort(both owned by the same people & operated the exact same way)...........I think they are both set up for you, I'd give 'em a call

One more thing, Cayman Air flies a variety of aircraft between Grand Cayman and Brac and Little Cayman - including a daily jet service - so that might make it a bit easier when traveling with a wheelchair as opposed to one of the smaller propeller planes.

If you want to include more tourist-type activities, adding on a few days on Grand Cayman can be fun.

Curaçao would be quite doable in a WC. If you go, CURious2Dive has a handicap/disability diving program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Divi Flamingo in Bonaire is very accommodating, both the resort and dive boats. Dressel divers at Iberostar in Cozumel is great, too. I am a T6 para with no use of my legs. Both places were great getting mr on and off the boat and in and out of the water. Let them know in advance of your needs and they will take care of you. Captain Don's in bonaire was mentioned but I contacted them and was told they could not accomodate guests in chairs

When I dived in the Maldives on the Emperor Leo last year, there was a wheelchair bound diver (paraplegic?) on board together with his mates from a Belgium dive club.

Back
Top Bottom