Disappointed in Aeris service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you expand on this? The Manta has user-replaceable batteries. However, the Low Battery warning, as has been posted on numerous other threads, isn't always a sign of a true battery problem; especially since the computer had been in use ~6 months with approximately 25 dives. This indicated to me a higher probability of device failure than simply an exhausted battery. Had it been 2 years and 100 dives, I most certainly would have just done a battery replacement and been on my way.

It was a used computer and even a "new" computer may have sat in an LDS for some time so battery condition is unknown. In any case, when something like that fails, it is simple to just change the battery giving you a good known start point.

This is nothing new, their "factory new" products are anything but.
I have had loads o trouble with them and their service

I'm amazed that an Aeris rep hasn't showed up to try and rectify this, in my eyes it's killing their reputation. I absolutely love my Ion regulator, but I'm dead set against buying any sort of Aeris computer due to the negative threads on here.

Agree - Lack of decent service

I have had a couple of bad weeks with Aeris, Citizen etc. I had to purchase a new PC and I have no download program for my Atmos ai and, in any case would need an USP port cable. I wrote to them and heard . . . . crickets.

What a bunch of salesmen: they are eager to close a sale but when it comes to service it is - - "hey bud, **** off and stop bothering us." So, I'm stuck with a dive computer that has little additional functionality than my 14 year old Genesis.

Can anybody recommend a manufacturer that actually supports their equipment and doesn't expect you to spring for the flavor of the day at their whim?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom