Disinfecting agent for the BC that kills all fungi and TB-inducing bacteria?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not breathing off the BCD.

I was trained to use Virkon S for my CCR lungs and loop, and occasionally I actually do disinfect them...if I wanted to clean a wing/BCD, that's what I'd use. Usually I just rinse the loop well and let everything dry, though.

+ 1 virkon is the way to go if its good enough for a rebreather then its good enough for the bc ...(thats how i de bug a used bc when i buy them .......)

Community tank should be fresh RUNNING water. Doesn't matter what you put in if it's not running water. It'll soon get scuzzed up. I won't use dunk tanks except as a last resort. The shower in the room works much better.

I never use the pink-eye tank.

If my stuff wasn't contaminated before, it will be after it's soak in the community infection bucket.

flots.

Virkon (RelyOn tablets) is very effective, but very expensive -- about $1 per tablet. Steramine is very good and much less expensive. We use a liquid product at the aquarium called Kennel Kare. I'm not sure why since it is more expensive than steramine.

I was advised to use a product called Milton sterilising liquid which is used to sterilise babies bottles etc. I only use it just before storing as I am a holiday diver.

I THOUROUGLY...flush the bladder with RUNNING water..for several minutes...(pull dump valves, insert garden hose)...drain, than refill 1/2 with dilute solution of cool water and mouthwash. agitate well, let set for a few minutes..agitate..set..agitate..empty. Quick fresh water flush...and air dry with ALL dumps open. Don't forget to flush the LP inflator.

Bubs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom