Disney World Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankb

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone ever done the Living Seas dive down in Epcot? I'm going down there in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if it's worth the $140 they want for it?

Plus you have to use all their equipment, other than a mask if you want.

Did it last year and we're going to do it again this year. The dive itself is OK - very professional operation. They provide everything - including the mask, but you can bring your own mask if you want. NOTHING else is allowed - only a mask (and swimsuit). The wetsuit is a 3mm shorty. My son gets cold so he requested two, which they provided without a problem. The dive gear is all Scubapro.

The best part - what makes it "worth" the $140 - At DiveQuest - you're part of the "show". Interacting with the kids at the glass, making faces at folks eating in the restaurant – it’s a blast. We were actually part of someone’s wedding photos taken in the restaurant.

All your friends and family get to watch and video through the glass actually works pretty well (flash photos are a waste). All told, the dive is OK, but the overall Disney experience is primo.

I haven't done the dive yet myself, but should be in the next few months.

I know several people that have done it at least once and a few who have done it multiple times.

The story is always the same.... IT'S GREAT!!!

You get to see more sea life than you could in a lifetime of recreational diving. Sharks, turtles, dolphins, almost any fish you can think of, rays, etc.

They take you on a tour of the facility before you dive, then you have an orientation where they tell what you can & can't do. Then they take you to suit up where all your gear is waiting for you. They use the top of the line stuff! Atomic regulators, etc.

They take you on a guided dive first then they turn you loose to do pretty much what you want.

If you can't tell, I'm excited about going & can't wait!!!

Have fun.

It's fun, as others have said, being apart of the show is the fun part. They also offer discounts if you belong to AAA, DAN, and almost any dive agency. I think AAA gave me the best discount.

I dived DiveQuest a couple of months ago. I had a blast. Great behind the scenes tour of the living seas. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The gear was quality. I loved being part of the show. My son followed me from observation window to window.

Hmm... My Open Water c-card is from PADI, and my Nitrox cert is from SSI. Does that mean I get two discounts? Oh, and I am AAA member too! :)

I've got a set of Mickey Mouse ears. They good for anything?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom