Scuba chair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably just a "me" thing. I prefer the boats that have the cylinders to drop the tank into so I can easily slide both cam bands over the top, and I'd want something similar if I was making a seat for shore use. For some reason, all the boats that have that big black plastic tank clip like your picture above, always tend to line up exactly with top or bottom cam band on my travel backplate and its a bit of a pet peeve. Never seems to get in the way of anyone with a single band BCD though. But if you can get your hands on a cool tank mount like that, you can mount it whatever height suits you. I prefer this type of tank mount for reasons stated:

1711132221450.png

The couple times I've dove out of the back of my SUV, I just set up in the back, turn around, strap in, lean forward and I'm off.

+1 on the truck tailgate for set up and slipping into the BP straps.

Back
Top Bottom