Disposible Underwater Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa0825:
Has anyone had the SNAPS8 Snapper-8 Digital Camera with SnapperSkin? I saw it on the same site linked above, http://www.bonicadive.com/webpages/Snapper-XP.html. at under $200, it would make up the price difference by not needing film pretty quickly, if it is any good. Or is there any other under $200 that you'd recommend?

Thanks Lisa! I was just about to ask about the cheapest digital options available to us, but I didn't want to hijack the thread. But now that you've gone and done that...

I'm a big fan of taking multiple digital shots to choose the best once at my computer. With a film camera I consider this to be cost prohibitive in the mid- to long-term.

You may have just found my next camera, but I'm apprehensive about not recognizing the name of the camera company.

cbrunberg:
The 180' depth rated camera was 350.00 the 200.00 one was only rated at 3'.

CB
WARNNING, you are going to get addicted!!!! beware of addiction!!! i started with disposable, went to $50 suprema super sport 35mm, next $723 reef master, now right at $4000 and riseing LMAO:D

jim ernst:
WARNNING, you are going to get addicted!!!! beware of addiction!!! i started with disposable, went to $50 suprema super sport 35mm, next $723 reef master, now right at $4000 and riseing LMAO:D

Its already started!:59:

I used a disposable one once. It survived the dive, but beneath 15ft (5m) it stopped working.
Ah well.

But, I agree, there is probably a housing for the digital you have.

Melle

All the pictures in my scubaboard album thus far have been taken with a disposable camera.

BTW, you can reload them, just be very careful when you take them apart. I can reload the one i have, but since getting a housing for my digital camera I don't bother anymore.

I just bought a housing on leisurepro for 57 dollars inc. s/h, thats good up tu 130 feets, and just ebayed the compatible olympus d-560 digital camera with 256 mb card for 70 dollars. total of 127 dollars for a very good UW set. some housings are on clearance list now, so you can catch them ıf you hurry..

I have a snap sights 35 mm camera with flash. I consider it semi-disposable.
http://www.snapsights.com/products_swfc.html
I bought it at the LDS for ~$25. It is ready to shoot with 800 speed film and batteries. Mine is rated for 90 ft, I've had it to 85 ft. After you open the case once, it is no longer guaranteed to be waterproof (that's the semi-disposable part), but I've replaced the film 4 times with no problems.

For a 25 dollar camera, it takes really good pictures. If you use the flash, beware of silt. It only takes a little silt in the water to get a lot of back scatter. Be careful handling it. This is actally my second of this camera. The first did not survive a 3 ft drop onto concrete. Also beware of the bright yellow lanyard, some fish think it looks like spray cheese and go after it. Lastly if using the flip up viewfinder, aim high.

The model at the link above is newer than the one I have but will probably work at least as well. If your LDS doesn't have it, you can find it online.

Do not believe the actual depth ratings on disposable cameras. I would half the number.

In the beginning I had this camera http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUSPSS.html. The buttons froze at 60. The rating was for 125.

Do U have a digital land camera? It might be cheaper in the long run the get a housing for it.

I have used the shark diver camera as well. I had it down to 80 feet without incident. I was mostly pleased with the pictures. I read that it can only focus at 48 inches or further. I believe that is true based on what I thought were going to be awsome closeup shots (within 2 feet) and they were out of focus - dang! The camera eats batteries, but I feed mine 2300mh rechargeables. Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom