Disturbing news ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asking for clarification on a story is not gossip. Of course the version my MIL shared sounded outlandish to me, so I came here hoping for a person on the island, "in the know" to clarify... not to gossip or speculate. Thank you for your post Christi, apparently you have a person in your life that has more direct knowledge of the situation, which is what I was seeking from my original post. Having my husband translate spanish to english is not a thorn in the grapevine. If people that read this post and find that the root of it is gossip oriented then stop reading it and move on to someone else's topic.
If what Christi says is true: PS: Those of you reading these articles - there is not a reliable source of information with any of the local papers - they are the worst at twisting stories to create more scandal and drama. Then my next question is this.... What credible source of information do the Cozumel people rely on for their news?

Ron, if you do go to do research, you will certainly need an assistant to keep track of the data. I will take one for the team, and offer myself as your assistant in this endevour. Do you think the budget will allow for a few trips to La Perlita and El Moro??

Actually Gdog, a good study would require more data points than just myself. Each needs to be independent.

Asking for clarification on a story is not gossip. Of course the version my MIL shared sounded outlandish to me, so I came here hoping for a person on the island, "in the know" to clarify... not to gossip or speculate.

A better way might have been to say "hey i heard there was an incident involving a police chief yesterday". Anyone with firm knowledge would have known exactly what you were talking about and anyone who didn't wouldn't have misinformation to run off and spread.

And yes, your post is exactly how gossip starts because it speculated on a scenario that was apt to be repeated.

A better way might have been to say "hey i heard there was an incident involving a police chief yesterday". Anyone with firm knowledge would have known exactly what you were talking about and anyone who didn't wouldn't have misinformation to run off and spread.

And yes, your post is exactly how gossip starts because it speculated on a scenario that was apt to be repeated.
Oh I hate those. Then many imagine all sorts of things, asking questions, and the rumors go wild before the clarification comes out. I hate unconfirmed gossip more than most, get it in my emails and on FB every day, often shooting it down with a simple google search. She was quite open about how she got the rumor and left the thread open for clarification.

Next time she can just PM you for the scoop. :laughing:

Frankly I see little value in knowing about such events. The one likely victim is the wife.

Frankly I see little value in knowing about such events. The one likely victim is the wife.

But we like knowledge, even when it seems of little relevance. Also, if you post what you have heard and it isn't correct, we get more than one story out of it. The more stories, the more choices to pick from while deciding which one you want to believe.

Your pot stirring replies are silly. I have my answer to my original question. Time to leave this post alone and allow you a wide berth to continue your rampage of gossip policing. Fare thee well.

Sorry, you cannot kill the thread. It is there to wander about and end up with favorite places to eat, stay, dive or watch baby turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom