Diva LX v. Ladyhawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I finally made the decision to go with the Ladyhawk and the SP MK25/S600 regulator! It is so amazingly comfortable both in the water and out that I was sold. Very solid on me with no tank movement. It was really easy to achieve neutral buoyancy and maintain it at different depths. It may not have many pockets and I may regret that later but I understand that there are other solutions to that as well. Regardless, as a friend of mine said-"This decision is not going to change the course of civilization!"

Thank you everyone for all of the advice and opinions! I can't get over how totally supportive this community is of it's members (this being the SCUBA community as a whole). Just another reason to love the Zen of Scuba.

My next decision will be exposure protection. Needless to say I will need some with the waters here lurking in the 40's-low 50's. Ah, but that's tomorrow. Tonight I shall eat cake!

:)

Do you mind if I ask your findings on both? I dove with a Diva and I liked it very much. I have been looking at a Libra for a while but I haven't tried it yet. The Ladyhawk felt very uncomfortable to me (like it just would not adjust to my size) but I am waiting to try an XS since I tried on a small. However, even though the Diva was a small and a bit too big for me, it still dove great. My buoyancy was great with it and I could maneuver very well. I want to try several to make the right decision. I am very small. My weight is 95 lbs. and I am 5 ft 3. Not a large build 34/22/36 so equipment has been a challenge for me. I am even having to work with micro regs and small mouthpieces because most are really large for my mouth and face. I am in my 30's so I want adult equipment because of the quality and features. Any input is welcome. R

RavenC, have you tried the Diva in XS? I am an inch taller than you and 10lbs heavier, but pretty skinny round the ribs. XS is the right size for me, so I'm not surprised that S was too big for you.

Also, have you seen the Small petite women thread?

Zept

Excuse for jumping in and don't think I'm some kind of evangelist - but have any of you tried the DIR stylee Backplate and wings?

We had lots of ladies in my University club (we were about a 70:30 mix ladies:men at one point) and quite a lot of them went out and bought their own set, after having a go with my BP/Wings combo.

The main advantages they usually mentioned were that it was totally adjustable, didn't have a chest strap to 'squish' them, and the shoulder straps went very neatly around the outside of their breasts. It also eliminated the problem of getting to a drsuit inflator I've noticed some of these ladies' BCDs seem to have.

Just an idea, (and not necessarily a good one!)

Chris

I dive in a dry suit with lots of weight. I tried both the Diva and the Ladyhawk in the pool. The Diva fit me better and felt better in the water. That does not mean it would be the best for you. If you can, try both of them before you lay out that kind of money!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom