Dive-A-Thon 2011... am I the only guy from Hawaii in the race?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Hey Aloha Ohana!

Check it out! My girlfriend got me involved in a great summertime diving charity event and I'm really having a good time being part of it. Such a good time that, believe it or not, I'm actually in the lead spot for the San Diego Ocean Foundation Annual Dive For A Cause Dive-A-Thon!!

How's this for Good News? Local boy gonna try to put us on da map!!:D

I'm proud to tell you all that I'm doing the official "San Diego Oceans Foundation Dive For A Cause Dive-A-Thon" this month (it's like a marathon for SCUBA Divers). As far as I can tell, I'm the only participant from Hawaii. Anyone know of anyone else involved? It's open to anyone in the world I think.

San Diego Oceans Foundation Dive-A-Thon

I'm representing Hawaii (Maui No Ka Oi!) and I'm presently in 1st Place!! I'm up against about 20 other Serious, Caring, Divers who are also "Diving for Dollars!" Please Help me stay in the lead with a visit to my "Dive-A-Thon Portal Page". (There's a quick Paypal link there somewhere) The diving part ends on the last day of this month. I can bring in additional sponsors up until Aug 31. I'm up to 23 dives in 21 days so I'm cranking! I've been trying to dive my butt off but have had some summer south swell ruin some dive days already. Please help me by checking out this Worthy Ocean Cause!

We here in Hawaii live on islands and therefore need to start working a little harder at preserving our precious valuable shorelines! Anything you can contribute will go a long way in future programs I personally will be working with. One program I plan on implementing here on Maui when this is over will be the stenciling of storm drains. This is just the beginning! I'm shooting for nomination for "S.D.O.F. Diver of the Year" and would really apreciate your support and consideration in sharing this opportunity with others. If I can stay in the lead with dive minutes and donations I can get that award!! I figure I have to make about 15 more dives in the next 10 days!! It's not gonna be easy but it's what I do. Every minute blowing bubbles counts towards one point. Every Dollar donated is worth 2 points!!

So I'm down on one fin..... can ya see me? "Brother! Can you spare a dollar to save a fish?"

Here's a link to my current standings:

https://sdoceans.secure.fo​rce.com/pmtx/eventParticip​ants?id=a0e400000027MoZAAU

get_profile_pic.php

Thanks so much for your interest in this! If we all do our part the ocean will be a little bit better off than it was. Thanks 1,000,000! You know I love the ocean and you know I love you!

Shaka Doug
"Namaste"

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom