Dive Alert on BC inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjdiver once bubbled...
I was talking to a diver yesterday about using a Dive Alert on my PC. I don't have one, which is why I was asking. He stated that he would NEVER put a Dive Alert on his BC, due to malfunctions (not being able to inflate his BC, the Alert going off, ...).

Any feedback?=-)

I've had on for 5 1/2 years, never take it off the inflator.

Never rinse it, never blow it out, it works like a charm.

I use mine primarily for irritating people on dry land.

You should hear one of those things go off in the car. :)

I dunno about decibals and stuff, but that thing is as loud or louder than gunfire.

Keep in mind that if the boat is downwind, they can hear you fine.

If the boat is upwind, they can't hear you, period.

Divealert should always be used in conjunction with a visual signalling device, a mirror or flares.

Having been misplaced by a boat once for almost 4 hours, I can tell you flares are a must for me.

I love my dive alert, but it is unwieldy in between the bcd inflator, so I run another hose off my 1st stage, and tuck it away in my bcd pocket (bcd pockets aren't worth a damm for anything else anyways, I find). If it does malfunction it does not affect my bcd thisway, and I can take it off the hose if neccessary hope this helps:) zeN||

Popeye once bubbled...

Having been misplaced by a boat once for almost 4 hours, I can tell you flares are a must for me.

LOL....Should we infer that you carry flares with you when you boat dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom