Dive Alert Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkaug

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw a new dive alert. Has the same ear piercing sound for above water. Turn the knob and it becomes a sub-duck on steroids. I know some people in the past have asked for a all-in-one signaling device that works better than the mini-hammerhead.

Yea, Dave (He's the guy who invented the dive alert) showed me the early proto type about 3 years ago. He's a very good engineer - but also a perfection freak! I've known him for almost 20 years now. We used to have booths next to each other at the dive shows back when I was doing the Scuba Tool.

He had a lot of problems getting the engineering down on the new one to effectively do both jobs. It's a hybrid cross between the dive alert and the sub duck. He was working like crazy to get them out and had some newer samples that he showed at the last Dema, and was hoping to be able to ship by this dema. I'll have him send me over some photos of the new one for you.

How long is the new one vs. the old one? i.e. Am I going to have to change inflator hoses to keep neat?

How long is the new one vs. the old one? i.e. Am I going to have to change inflator hoses to keep neat?

It's just a wee bit shorter... about 1/4 inch. So you should not have to change anything.

.. He was working like crazy to get them out and had some newer samples that he showed at the last Dema, and was hoping to be able to ship by this dema.

I saw these at Dema '06 and they looked great. I just placed an order for one with ScubaToys!!

I rec'd my Dive Alert Plus last Friday and used it on Sunday's dives and Tuesday's dives. I have owned both of the separated units in the past. Hands down it's a great unit and is just as loud as each of it's predecessors. I really like the way it swivels which is important for the chirp portion so it can be directed to the target while your head is underwater to protect your ears. Even with tank pressure down to 300psi, I didn't see any degrade in volume. Kudo's to the manufacturer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom